Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stephane1968

Internal HDD issues with 1900 pro

Internal HDD issues with 1900 pro

Hi everyone,  I'm new at this.

I put an internal  2.5" HDD in my 1900 ATV Pro but can't see it in any directories and I don't see any tools in the menus of my media player and file managers to add it. 

I would like to use my TV box as a PVR  if possible. I'm running on BuzzTV.

I noted that this topic comes back frequently in the forum.  I've read some of these treads (the recent ones)  and  people suggest to format under NTF S file system, which I did.  Seems also peple were referring to a file management app as a solution, called Sync Folder (from JRT Studio) - but this app is not available anymore. 

Other posts read on the forum about HDD issues  doesn't seem to reflect my situation. 

Thanks for your help . 

Hi - thanks for the reply, much appreciated, and apologies for the delayed response (was out of town). 

I can see the "udisk" with a USB memory stick or Micro SD card, but not with an external HD nor internal (tried both). And in order to record vidseos, I would rather have an HD drive for greater storage capacity.  Thanks. 

On 9/3/2018 at 10:45 AM, Stephane1968 said:

Hi - thanks for the reply, much appreciated, and apologies for the delayed response (was out of town). 

I can see the "udisk" with a USB memory stick or Micro SD card, but not with an external HD nor internal (tried both). And in order to record vidseos, I would rather have an HD drive for greater storage capacity.  Thanks. 

That is weird. So, youve got it plugged into a pc, formatted to ntfs, and there arent any issues moving files onto this device on a pc?

On 9/3/2018 at 10:45 AM, Stephane1968 said:

Using the internal slot for a hard drive has always been a nuisance on this unit. It's best to just plug  a portable hard drive into the usb's.

35 minutes ago, bkwashby said:

Using the internal slot for a hard drive has always been a nuisance on this unit. It's best to just plug  a portable hard drive into the usb's.

I actually agree with you. While I have tested it a whole lot, and have never experienced issues, theres just something uncomfortable about adding heat to any electronic system.

39 minutes ago, MyGica Support said:

I actually agree with you. While I have tested it a whole lot, and have never experienced issues, theres just something uncomfortable about adding heat to any electronic system.

True, because it does add heat which isn't good but the issue I noticed is that if you have a hard drive in the internal slot and an sd card or any other stick or drive plugged into the usb's the unit gets confused what port to assign each slot to. Like if I rebooted the unit what was in udisk0 before might end up in udisk1 this time and sometimes it doesn't even recognize another drive is plugged in...and if one of your usb drives is partitioned into two or more drives, forget about it.lol The slot assignment should be hardware driven instead of software, that would probably fix the issue.