Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Melmar

Wrong Remote in 1960 Box

Wrong Remote in 1960 Box

I purchased a brand new MyGica ATV 1960 from Best Buy Canada on August 25. 

I opened the box and I do not have the KR303 remote, as advertised. INSIDE the box, it is the KR301 remote. Internal packaging even states KR301 remote. 

The only reason I purchased this box is because it is supposed to have the KR303 powerful remote, with the rechargeable built in battery.

I am incredibly disappointed to find another remote in the box, requiring AAA batteries. This is NOT the product advertised to me. The technical specs on your website specifically state the 1960’s remote is “MyGica KR303 2.4G with AirMouse, keyboard and microphone”. This is also repeated by staff on this support site. 

I am a loyal customer who previously purchased two 1900 Pro boxes, and I cannot believe this has occurred - with a brand new box at this price point.  

I am expecting the appropriate KR303 remote will be sent to me.

Beware anyone purchasing from Best Buy Canada!!! 

Your sales team has informed me that the offering of the KR303 remote with the ATV1960 is a misprint on www.mygica.com under the Tech Specs of the ATV1960. Apparently, that is not your website. This is also the first website that pops up when the ATV 1960 is searched on Google.ca. I really cannot understand how a North American consumer would see mygica.com and realize this is not for North Americans. File with screenprint is attached for your review. 

Again, this is literally the reason I bought this box over the Shield. 

Worst of all - I have opened the KR301 remote to try it out and it isn't working. I've seen many others complain about this problem on this forum and have followed all recommendations. Pairing, rebooting, changing batteries, changing USB ports. 

Obviously this box is not meant for me. Again, incredibly disappointing.

MyGica ATV 1960 - KR303 Remote.pdf

Again, your sales team has informed me that the offering of the KR303 remote with the ATV1960 is a misprint on www.mygica.com under the Tech Specs of the ATV1960. 

I am aware that the product sold to me is the one in the box. But I failed to realize I had to avoid using the mygica.com website which also had incorrect info, and reconcile all tech specs to Best Buy's site to get the correct facts. 

Also - as stated above, your KR 301 remote does not actually work. It continues to not work after trying all of the "recommendations" listed above. So there might as well not be a remote in the box, as it might have saved us both some time. Thanks for sending a link to Best Buy to prove me wrong, rather than trying to help with the clearly broken remote that came in the box.

Again, I failed to realize mygica.com is somehow not affiliated with your company. I also failed to reconcile the exact specs from the website to Best Buy, as I assumed they would be identical. However, you failed to provide me a working remote in box that cost me $250. Another trip to Best Buy to get rid of this thing. 

I was trying to determine which version you in fact purchased - sometimes stock bi-passes the North American distributor.

mygica.com is the worldwide distributor/manufacturer

this discussion is not about proving anyone wrong, if you remote is DOA it is under warranty

19 hours ago, Melmar said:

Again, your sales team has informed me that the offering of the KR303 remote with the ATV1960 is a misprint on www.mygica.com under the Tech Specs of the ATV1960. 

I am aware that the product sold to me is the one in the box. But I failed to realize I had to avoid using the mygica.com website which also had incorrect info, and reconcile all tech specs to Best Buy's site to get the correct facts. 

Also - as stated above, your KR 301 remote does not actually work. It continues to not work after trying all of the "recommendations" listed above. So there might as well not be a remote in the box, as it might have saved us both some time. Thanks for sending a link to Best Buy to prove me wrong, rather than trying to help with the clearly broken remote that came in the box.

Again, I failed to realize mygica.com is somehow not affiliated with your company. I also failed to reconcile the exact specs from the website to Best Buy, as I assumed they would be identical. However, you failed to provide me a working remote in box that cost me $250. Another trip to Best Buy to get rid of this thing. 

I have sent you a pm.