Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amelia

ATV1960 Remote Not Working

ATV1960 Remote Not Working

Just got the 1960 from Best Buy, and when we plugged in the remote... it did nothing. We tried pairing it several times. It worked for about 30 seconds *once*, and nothing since. It turns off the unit only. It does not turn it back on, nor does it move in an other way. 

Again, we’ve tried pairing several times. We have changed the USB port, repaired. We have unplugged and re-plugged. NOTHING WORKS!!! This SUCKS!!!

Update - remote started working for about 2 minutes before it stopped. I pressed the settings gear button, and it brought me to Netflix. I pressed the Kodi button - nothing happened. I went back to home screen and pressed the Netflix button, brought me to “My Apps” page..... the KR-301 is totally zonked! Oh, by the way, it has gone back to not functioning at all again. 

Hello Amelia, 

We released an update today that should fix the issues you were having. If they persist, please put in a name brand set of new batteries and see if that helps.

To get the update, simply power off your unit, then power it back on again.

When Installing the 1960, It turns on and the downloads the update. Then asks to select OK to restart. But only the on/standby button on the remote works, no other button is working when I press it. Now I pulled the plug and restarted the device and same issue as before but without the update. It get's stuck on the language screen.

If the update is supposed to fix remote issue, how can I progress installation if the remote is not working. The remote is charged with the cable provided and swapped the dongle to the other USB port.

11 hours ago, Costa said:

When Installing the 1960, It turns on and the downloads the update. Then asks to select OK to restart. But only the on/standby button on the remote works, no other button is working when I press it. Now I pulled the plug and restarted the device and same issue as before but without the update. It get's stuck on the language screen.

If the update is supposed to fix remote issue, how can I progress installation if the remote is not working. The remote is charged with the cable provided and swapped the dongle to the other USB port.

Please put in a new set of batteries, and try pairing the remote:

http://wiki.mygica.tv/index.php?title=Kr301

also, you can try plugging in a mouse from a computer to select the update.

52 minutes ago, Costa said:

The remote does not take batteries! As per my previous update I mentioned: "The remote is charged with the cable provided"

Hi there,

Did you purchase this outside of north america?

The north american units come with a different remote.

If so, please contact the seller in your area, or who you bought it from. I am not sure whats going on.