Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jwarb

Android version and app compatability

Android version and app compatability

When will we get a firmware update? Many apps are no longer supported on the 1900 pro. This essentially makes it a paperweight after only a year! Android version is only 5.1

Hi Jwarb,

What apps don't work on 5.1?

We are currently working on porting 7.1 onto the system and will have more information soon about it. For now though, I am curious about this statement. 

Hi support. Netflix will not work. I have not tested further but I am sure that support for other apps will be phased out over time. I haven't checked Amazon Prime but I will check when I get a chance. Thanks for the update and I look forward to the update

1 hour ago, Jwarb said:

Hi support. Netflix will not work. I have not tested further but I am sure that support for other apps will be phased out over time. I haven't checked Amazon Prime but I will check when I get a chance. Thanks for the update and I look forward to the update

Jwarb, 

I certainly don't need to be rude, but you said that "Many apps are no longer supported on the 1900 pro". But the issue is with 1 app? Why didn't you just say "netflix isn't working"? We have several posts on this forum that are addressing this common issue.

I have never seen any apps that aren't compatible with 5.1. This issue with Netflix, is actually a move by netflix to gain more control over who uses their application and on which systems.

We have created an easy workaround video to get you back up and running, quickly. Follow this video below. Disregard the first appx. half of the video which is teaching you how to install the Aptoid app store, which is already installed on your box under applications. It will either be called aptoid tv, or it will be called the mygica store. They are both the same store.

Follow the instructions of which netflix to install through that app. Just pay attention to the version number.