Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tom McGuire

ATV329x Quick Settings Bar Gone Android 7

ATV329x Quick Settings Bar Gone Android 7

After a firmware update was automatically installed on my ATV329x this morning the Quick Settings bar at the top of the screen is gone.  It was useful for turning WiFi and Bluetooth on/off and changing tracks on audio players etc.  I would really love to have it back and am having no luck finding out how to get it back.  I don't have a before screenshot unfortunately.

find the "i" in the white circle on your remote (most mygica remotes except kr-41). That will bring that menu down. We didnt get rid of it toally, just hid it so that more programs will go full screen properly.

1whanr.jpg.829b3cefe8980f8d08384611f129b543.jpg

If I go look at the remotes on your website I see that button BUT that button is not on the remote that came with my ATVV329x here in Canada. My remote is a KR-41.  Are there any key combinations that will do it like Alt/i or something like that? Also if I do a factory reset will the menu be back or did the firmware upgrade write over the original file?

When I called your tech support number the man told me I'd have to put in a ticket.

Here is what the guy who handled my ticket said:

""" With the new update to OS 7.1 the menus are taken away by Google company, we can not bring it back.
the options are divided into 2 sections,  Settings and droid settings, for your Bluetooth settings go to Droid settings.
for your apps please use some that are on the google play store. we have no control on the apps what is taken away or what is entered inside, please contact that app creator for help and support on your song selections.the OS is created by Google, we have modified to make all drivers be the same for our units such as ATV329X, but the OS is an open source created by Google Company."""

Thanks. I love the box for Netflix and as a music player with VLC.  I use it to remote desktop into my Windows computer which works great.  It reads a 2TB USB drive no problem and my Logitech keyboard and mouse work perfectly.  When I needed more than the two USB jacks I plugged in a USB hub and it worked great too.  So I'm a happy camper but I was thinking the info from the ticket guy was incorrect.

On 8/30/2018 at 5:47 PM, Tom McGuire said:

If I go look at the remotes on your website I see that button BUT that button is not on the remote that came with my ATVV329x here in Canada. My remote is a KR-41.  Are there any key combinations that will do it like Alt/i or something like that? Also if I do a factory reset will the menu be back or did the firmware upgrade write over the original file?

When I called your tech support number the man told me I'd have to put in a ticket.

Here is what the guy who handled my ticket said:

""" With the new update to OS 7.1 the menus are taken away by Google company, we can not bring it back.
the options are divided into 2 sections,  Settings and droid settings, for your Bluetooth settings go to Droid settings.
for your apps please use some that are on the google play store. we have no control on the apps what is taken away or what is entered inside, please contact that app creator for help and support on your song selections.the OS is created by Google, we have modified to make all drivers be the same for our units such as ATV329X, but the OS is an open source created by Google Company."""

Thanks. I love the box for Netflix and as a music player with VLC.  I use it to remote desktop into my Windows computer which works great.  It reads a 2TB USB drive no problem and my Logitech keyboard and mouse work perfectly.  When I needed more than the two USB jacks I plugged in a USB hub and it worked great too.  So I'm a happy camper but I was thinking the info from the ticket guy was incorrect.

Hi Tom, 

I apologize on behalf of James, I have spoken to him and he indicated "I have confused Tom with someone else."  but ( MyGica Support ) is correct.  

This is great that things are working out and I love your idea on more USB connections.

As for myself, I am using a USB hub to connect Two 2Tbyte Hard drives on my ATV495Pro HDR.