Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MyGica Support

1960 Update went live today

1960 Update went live today

Hey everyone,

The update that addresses a few major issues on the 1960 went live today. Please power down your unit, and then back on to be prompted with the update.

Here are some notes on what has been addressed;

Patch Notes;
Fixed a problem where you could not log into the Google Play Store
Fixed various remote issues
The device now runs cooler when a HDD is installed internally
Fixed a bug that stopped the unit from powering back on after using the remote to power it off.
Now you can change the custom name for the device under “about” in settings.
If you find any other bugs, feel free to let us know over at www.mygicasupport.com. We value your feedback and strive to support our devices as best we can.

After update (7.1.2 V1.2), Eshare / mygica share ap fails to display when trying to mirror device onto phones or tabs.

notification panel disappears, also a single SU file is detected, and aps now treat device as rooted.

fails on root check, but cannot remove SU file.

The GPU seems to heat up a bit, and the device freezes when watching HD & 4K fiels for more than a few hours. (tried multiple players)

scv_1536046791743350118427.jpg

Screenshot_2018-09-04-09-38-49.png

On 9/4/2018 at 3:45 AM, Milan - Syntech said:

After update (7.1.2 V1.2), Eshare / mygica share ap fails to display when trying to mirror device onto phones or tabs.

notification panel disappears, also a single SU file is detected, and aps now treat device as rooted.

fails on root check, but cannot remove SU file.

The GPU seems to heat up a bit, and the device freezes when watching HD & 4K fiels for more than a few hours. (tried multiple players)

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback. I will be testing the video freezing issues today on several devices.

As for mygica share, which IOS are you using? I am on IOS 11.4.1 and it is working well.

Can you please let me know which app is treating the system as rooted? I have tried a few apps that don't work on rooted devices and am getting good results. If you have an app that is giving this error, this will help us speed this up, thanks.

On 9/3/2018 at 2:01 PM, zkuweb said:

I have Mygica atv1960 with Android 6.0.1, I do not receive the update

Please contact the seller in your country. It seems that this unit was purchased outside of North America.

Hello there!

Just a question... I am from South Africa and I have bought the MyGica ATV1960. I have read about the new update and all, but have some questions regarding it:

1) Will the update also be coming to my device in South Africa?
2) According to Google, the device is not certified? If I am not mistaken, this update should also sort this problem out, shouldn't it?
3) Would it be possible to users to download this update from the website manually and restore it on the ATV1960 themselves?

Please advise!

Regards,

Cobus Griesel

Just now, Cobus Griesel said:

Hello there!

Just a question... I am from South Africa and I have bought the MyGica ATV1960. I have read about the new update and all, but have some questions regarding it:

2) According to Google, the device is not certified? If I am not mistaken, this update should also sort this problem out, shouldn't it?
3) Would it be possible to users to download this update from the website manually and restore it on the ATV1960 themselves?

Please advise!

Regards,

Cobus Griesel

Good day Cobus

1. The update will affect all ATV1960 devices that have android 7.1.2 installed.

2. Besides Mobile devices, other android devices cannot be re-certified, so no this update cannot fix the Google certification issue.
The only Mygica in South Africa that is Google certified is the ATV495Max. (available at most Mass retail outlets and online stores. )

3. the ATO updates are generally made available to download a few weeks after the OTA has run. The updates are Usually made available on mygica.co.za/downloads.
If your device is still on android 6, then it will first have to be updated to android 7.1.2.
This update is rather advanced, so it is recommended to return the device for the upgrade to one of our Syntech offices(CPT/JHB) 
contact support@syntech.co.za to find out where the device can be take for the update.

On 9/5/2018 at 5:25 PM, MyGica Support said:

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback. I will be testing the video freezing issues today on several devices.

As for mygica share, which IOS are you using? I am on IOS 11.4.1 and it is working well.

Can you please let me know which app is treating the system as rooted? I have tried a few apps that don't work on rooted devices and am getting good results. If you have an app that is giving this error, this will help us speed this up, thanks.

Hi, apologies for the delayed response.

We tested IOS 11.3.1 & 11.4.1 on Iphone 6.
Also tested android 6 & 7.1 on Samsung, Huawei, Sony.
Mygica share only gave a blank display on the devices.

Initially the client got DSTV Now working, however it started giving the rooted error - which is normal, as DSTV gives the most random errors on uncertified devices.
however we then loaded Rootcheck from the play store, which said that the device is not rooted, but contains SU files.

i reset the device to android 6, upgraded it back to 7, and no SU files were found.
did the OTA update, and it detected an SU file.
Ive tried a few basic Root hiders, and SU file deleters,  to see if i can remove the SU files, however all of them have failed.

Ive in turn tested a few more 1960 players, and all but 2 detect SU files after the update.

oddly though, most of the players that do have the SU files, dont have issues with aps that block Rooted devices.

I have mentioned this to Linda @ Mygica China.
shes having the devs look into it.

On 9/7/2018 at 3:55 AM, Milan - Syntech said:

2. Besides Mobile devices, other android devices cannot be re-certified, so no this update cannot fix the Google certification issue.
The only Mygica in South Africa that is Google certified is the ATV495Max. (available at most Mass retail outlets and online stores. )

I am not positive, but I think that he meant the issue with the 1960 where we cannot log into the google play store. If so, this issue is fixed in this update. 

3. the ATO updates are generally made available to download a few weeks after the OTA has run. The updates are Usually made available on mygica.co.za/downloads.
If your device is still on android 6, then it will first have to be updated to android 7.1.2.
This update is rather advanced, so it is recommended to return the device for the upgrade to one of our Syntech offices(CPT/JHB) 
contact support@syntech.co.za to find out where the device can be take for the update.

In the future, please make note if you are telling people where to go to download firmware, that this is not the north american versions of this firmware and may differ from what is on this site. North American consumers should use this website for obtaining their firmware resources.

I bought a 1960 on Amazon.com in the USA in early 2018. Shortly after they were taken off of Amazon. This was shipped from MyGica. Not bought outside North America! This box which has essentially been a paperweight in my house for half a year due to the numerous glitches. I held onto it because I've owned and bought over a dozen MyGica boxes for various family members and friends over the past 3 years. The 1960 in question is version 6.01 Android. So...what do I do now? I'm seeing that I have to return it to the seller? How do I return an item way past the date of return?  Can I not just upgrade the version to 7.1? Honestly this whole situation is very discouraging.. I've stuck by MyGica.. been very patient. Still not a single answer from support. In the coming months most of the previously mentioned boxes are set to be replaced. Considering the 1960 fiasco and lack of any support... I'm tempted to switch manufacturers. Nvidia Sheild is looking great right about now... Hell I still get support for my RazerForgeTV... they will at least Email me back.. 

This is my last attempt to get some form of answers and bring this brick to life.. what do I do with this ill conceived and badly rolled out piece of hardware..? AGAIN I will state. Amazon.com USA purchase Early 2018. Version 6.01 Android.

I want an Android update or at least a method to update to 7.1! 

On 9/7/2018 at 9:44 AM, Cobus Griesel said:

Hello there!

Please advise!

Regards,

Cobus Griesel

Do you also have a problem with black.co.za? Can you download the app and work it on your atv 1960?

Please keep me updated?

Gideon

Good Evening. I have just purchased a ATV1960 and on first use i was hoping to update to Android 7 as the overseas versions of this unit comes with 7.

Unfortunately not only did i find it near impossible to locate the firmware, i also discovered at the time of this message that the "update.mygica.com" is down and this is what the automatic updates uses on the unit. I really want to update this unit before using it to much.

Milan, please if you don't mind, it would be utmost appreciated could you perhaps contact me privately and organize the firmware for 7 that you have? I realize you mentioned it was a tricky update however im quite familiar with cross flashing and tricky updates. I have no reservation around being able to do it myself. For fear of my email getting trawled i will make peace with giving out my cell number publicly in hopes you don't mind helping a Bro. 0740824396

@Milan - Syntech

On 12/22/2018 at 8:31 PM, thavinci said:

Good Evening. I have just purchased a ATV1960 and on first use i was hoping to update to Android 7 as the overseas versions of this unit comes with 7.

Unfortunately not only did i find it near impossible to locate the firmware, i also discovered at the time of this message that the "update.mygica.com" is down and this is what the automatic updates uses on the unit. I really want to update this unit before using it to much.

Milan, please if you don't mind, it would be utmost appreciated could you perhaps contact me privately and organize the firmware for 7 that you have? I realize you mentioned it was a tricky update however im quite familiar with cross flashing and tricky updates. I have no reservation around being able to do it myself. For fear of my email getting trawled i will make peace with giving out my cell number publicly in hopes you don't mind helping a Bro. 0740824396

@Milan - Syntech

Good day,

I have Messaged you the FW update, as well as steps. 

Kind regards

I bought a unit and cannot find the firmware. My unit also will not prompt me for the update. Please could someone help me with a link to the firmware and how to? 

On 12/22/2018 at 8:31 PM, thavinci said:

@Milan - Syntech

It seems I am in the same situation. Device bought in South Africa and now stuck with no way to update my device from Android 6. Also tried searching for the firmware with no luck. Frustrated... 

Please someone send me the android 7 firmware? 

We have had the 1960 Android 7.1 Firmware available to download on our Forums for awhile now
Can be found below

We only sold the 1960s in Canada/USA with Android 7.1
If you want to update the 1960 with Android 6, which were bought in South Africa, I would suggest contacting the Distributor directly for this then.

On 1/10/2019 at 9:23 AM, Milan - Syntech said:

Good day,

I have Messaged you the FW update, as well as steps. 

Kind regards

Dear Milan from Syntech south africa.

I have decided to return this product to takealot, I suppose they will eventually send it back to syntech for assessment of the problems mentioned below. If Syntech decides to update the firmware on my device, will the update solve the frequent freezing problems associated with the atv1960?  Sorry for the bold font, I copied and pasted from the email and cant see "remove formatting" option on web form.

Here is my main complaint communicated to takealot for your ATV1960 device.

I have logged a return for this product, to be dropped of at a takealot collection point, however I did not give enough details of the problem, I mentioned that the dstv now app does not work, but more importantly which I did not mention in the return form, is the fact that the device freezes up at least twice a day which means we have to manually unplug it and plug it in again for it to reset. This has been happening on and off but even moreso the last couple of months.'

"

Please update your comments section to show the above additional information which is important in the assessment.

Also communicate to the supplier Syntech to state that we have done the following to troubleshoot their device, to no avail.

- Factory reset

- Reinstalling apps

- Using a different usb port for remote kr303

- Using a regular usb mouse instead.

Please contact me if you need more info.

Thank you

Delivered 23 July 2018

Mygica ATV1960 Octa Core Android TV Box

5 minutes ago, StephVan said:

Dear Milan from Syntech south africa.

I have decided to return this product to takealot, I suppose they will eventually send it back to syntech for assessment of the problems mentioned below. If Syntech decides to update the firmware on my device, will the update solve the frequent freezing problems associated with the atv1960?  Sorry for the bold font, I copied and pasted from the email and cant see "remove formatting" option on web form.

Here is my main complaint communicated to takealot for your ATV1960 device.

I have logged a return for this product, to be dropped of at a takealot collection point, however I did not give enough details of the problem, I mentioned that the dstv now app does not work, but more importantly which I did not mention in the return form, is the fact that the device freezes up at least twice a day which means we have to manually unplug it and plug it in again for it to reset. This has been happening on and off but even moreso the last couple of months.'

"

Please update your comments section to show the above additional information which is important in the assessment.

Also communicate to the supplier Syntech to state that we have done the following to troubleshoot their device, to no avail.

- Factory reset

- Reinstalling apps

- Using a different usb port for remote kr303

- Using a regular usb mouse instead.

Please contact me if you need more info.

Thank you

Delivered 23 July 2018

Mygica ATV1960 Octa Core Android TV Box

Below is the current version it is on... would the update you suggest fix the problems with THIS version?

image_6546160.jpg

8 hours ago, StephVan said:

Below is the current version it is on... would the update you suggest fix the problems with THIS version?

image_6546160.jpg

You can try the update that I suggested

Seems your box is running 7.1 Android already, so the update I suggested will work.

On 9/7/2018 at 9:55 AM, Milan - Syntech said:

Good day Cobus

1. The update will affect all ATV1960 devices that have android 7.1.2 installed.

Dear Milan @Milan - Syntech,

Could you kindly help me to arrange a android 7.1.2 update for my ATV1960? This is quite urgent as the deviced seems to be bricked at the moment :(

Kind regards,

Rina

HI all.
Could anybody tell me if I the installation of the new Android 7.1 would delete the apps or any other information in my ATV1960?
In that case, is there's any app to make a full baclup of my apps before updating?

Thanks in advance!

I've got the 7.1.2 firmware for my ATV1960, please provide steps to upgrade. I've copied extracted files to micro usb (32gb) / formated fat32. Can see usb storage in filemanager. In dashboard applications, I navigate to upgrade, change setting to update from external usb but files not displaying? Only back button showing. Will really appreciate steps to follow, thanks in advance