renzz

T230 DVB-C mode in Windows?

The T230 is advertised as supporting DVB-C, presumably with the TotalMedia software, but I'd like to use it with 3rd party software (DVBViewer) as a DVB-C tuner.

After I install the driver, DVBViewer sees it as a DVB-T device, and even if I force it to be DVB-C, it doesn't work. So how can I switch it to DVB-C mode under Windows 7? Is there a registry entry which toggles it?

Thanks

On 9/2/2018 at 5:54 PM, renzz said:

The T230 is advertised as supporting DVB-C, presumably with the TotalMedia software, but I'd like to use it with 3rd party software (DVBViewer) as a DVB-C tuner.

After I install the driver, DVBViewer sees it as a DVB-T device, and even if I force it to be DVB-C, it doesn't work. So how can I switch it to DVB-C mode under Windows 7? Is there a registry entry which toggles it?

Thanks

I don't know how to use the DVBViewer. What I know is you can take a try using our another software-Total TV Player.

Total TV Player software(6.50.01) download link:

https://mega.nz/#!XmpxVCDS!q2bue30iDbkwetjqDBUXeFKFpK7khwxaP5fgYZrsFs8

1 hour ago, zxl said:

I don't know how to use the DVBViewer. What I know is you can take a try using our another software-Total TV Player.

Total TV Player software(6.50.01) download link:

https://mega.nz/#!XmpxVCDS!q2bue30iDbkwetjqDBUXeFKFpK7khwxaP5fgYZrsFs8

Thanks. I've installed Total TV Player from your link, but that also only sees the device as DVB-T, not DVB-C. 

image.png.08f26814a91dcbb59f6d18f0102f7530.pngimage.png.5f36be750d652603d69ccd6661731825.png

So how do I make it see the device as DVB-C?

Please try this driver:

https://mega.nz/#!3ygFhayQ!ZX5L5oIbKiPHO4-aE8GAeQAaSKatO0s_ChSQLMeJGuA

You need to manually install it:

Extract the files somewhere (you need to know where they are)

Right click "Computer" > Manage > Device Manager > Find your device under "sound video and game controllers" > Right click > Update  Driver > Manually search in your computer > Locate the folder > Install Driver > Restart your Computer & research your local DVB-T2 frequency.

28 minutes ago, zxl said:

Please try this driver:

https://mega.nz/#!3ygFhayQ!ZX5L5oIbKiPHO4-aE8GAeQAaSKatO0s_ChSQLMeJGuA

You need to manually install it:

Extract the files somewhere (you need to know where they are)

Right click "Computer" > Manage > Device Manager > Find your device under "sound video and game controllers" > Right click > Update  Driver > Manually search in your computer > Locate the folder > Install Driver > Restart your Computer & research your local DVB-T2 frequency.

I think this is an earlier driver than the one I already have.

Windows won't let me update it as you describe - it says the version I have installed is the best. So I uninstalled the device and installed this version - now the driver version says it's 1.32.1146.0 - before I had 1.32.1748.0. I tried Total TV again and it's exactly the same - it only sees the device as DVB-T, with no way to tell it to use DVB-C

Not sure what you meant by "research your local DVB-T2" frequency" - the whole point is I want to use DVB-C, not DVB-T2.

image.png.68da47f3cd2638a71b6385efe24c4154.png

image.png.70f9330ba1ceec8ccdf86c72904ac4ac.png

It is my fault, please ignore the last step"research your local DVB-T2", but the process before this step is absolutely right. 

Anyway, we test it can scan DVB-C channels with this driver although it displays "Device type: DVB-T"in the sector of "Options". BTW, where are you residing? 

I'm in the UK. I have tried scanning a known cable frequency even though it says the device is DVB-T, but it doesn't find any channels. I know my cable connection is ok because I have another DVB-C USB tuner (Astrometa) and this works fine and find all the channels.

On 9/7/2018 at 4:04 PM, renzz said:

I'm in the UK. I have tried scanning a known cable frequency even though it says the device is DVB-T, but it doesn't find any channels. I know my cable connection is ok because I have another DVB-C USB tuner (Astrometa) and this works fine and find all the channels.

Could you please send the  photos with both sides of your product? 

26 minutes ago, zxl said:

I've just tried it and it's the same - a scan finds no channels.

I think you are missing the point a bit here - all these applications (including DVBViewer) are using the BDA driver interface to access the T-230. This driver is not declaring itself as a DVB-C device and so the device must be in DVB-T mode only. As your website says this device can access DVB-C (http://www.mygica.com/product/t230/), there must be a way of configuring the BDA driver so that it can tune DVB-C frequencies and declare itself as a DVB-C device to the various applications.

I know the hardware is capable of accessing DVB-C because it can do so under Linux with a third-party driver - https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Geniatech_T230

So could you talk to the people who wrote the Windows driver and find out if it is actually capable of tuning DVB-C under Windows or not? If not, would it be possible for them to create a new version of the driver that can? Some sort of switch would be useful to toggle between DVB-T and DVB-C - the Astrometa device does this with a registry entry - set it to '1' and it becomes a DVB-C device, set it to '0' and it becomes a DVB-T device.

I hope we can get this working because this is a nice little device for the cost.

Thanks

The driver programmer says it is capable of tuning DVB-C channels under  Windows. May we do remote control for you? Please write to me-angela.xu@geniatech.com

T320C indeed is capable of tuning DVB-C but the question is if programmers could add another BDA driver so that it can declare itself also as a DVB-C device or add a switch that would change T to C as renzz said.

There are cards like that that report themselves as two devices, but they are just one and can play just one dvb C or T or T2 standart at the time.

Hope thats understandable ;)

Same here, device is visible for OS and all applications as DVB-T, co for many apps DVB-C this will be an issue.

DVB-C at least on driver 1.40.2303.0 can be locked by DVB-T apps, but it's hard to use it in this way.

Tried to play around in registry and change some settings, but it didn't help either.

It is possible, got other stick with the same VID_0572 and same hardware, but from other vendor and they just made a workaround so stick is detected two times, once as DVB-T, once as DVB-C, only one mode can be used at a time.

Just got a T230A - with VID_0572&PID_689A

Same problem as the people above, i need to use it in dvb-c mode. So how to get the driver to declare itself as a DVB-C device, to use with 3rd party apps like dvbviewer.

I also have an astrometa tuner and there is a registry key - "DVB-C mode" - 0 or 1 and that switches between dvb-t and dvb-c. Something similar could be an awesome thing for T230A as wel..

sat45, what's the workaround you talked about?

230amode.jpg

t230hid.jpg

@ionGL

The vendor/producer has to prepare a drivers in a special way, so at the same time, despite only one tuner available - it is detected as both - DVB-T and DVB-C. Two separate filter inputs are present. Only one can be used at a time. But this works great, eg in some other devices, by other producers. We cannot do that on our own, Geniatech has to do that in drivers. Or at least do the same switch as in Astrometa devices.

Hi there. I have just bought a MyGica iGrabber USB Video Capture for MAC. I can't install the software due to compatibility with my OS Version (Software for Mac OS Big Sur V11.4 (20F71)). Is there any update, hack, suggestion or any other way to be able to use it?

Daniel Costa

55 31 991571313 (Whatsapp)

Hi guys, did you solve the problem? I have a T230A tuner and I can't find dvb-c channels also.. Also have an Astrometa tuner which works ok.

Thanks in advance!

I've recently buyed a MyGiga T230A

Hardware Info: VID_0572&PID_689A&REV_0800

SN: T230A202012280745.

In Windows 10 the USB tv dongle is detected only as DVB-T tv tunner.

Is any way / driver or program to change this USB TV Tunner to DVB-C mode in windows 10?

In HiDTV application only scan in DVB-T mode and DVB-T frequencies. In DVB-Viewer DVB-C don't work either.

Is this version with this hardware id VID_0572&PID_689A only a USB DVB-T tunner?