Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

testor

Airplay on ATV 1800e

Hi,

How do I enable Airplay on the ATV1800e? is it just Miracast?

I can't seem to find a full detailed manual on the product which can guide me into this...

Hi,

How do I enable Airplay on the ATV1800e? is it just Miracast?

I can't seem to find a full detailed manual on the product which can guide me into this...

Look for the App, AirPin Lite. Just need to open it one time and it will run in the background after that

This will allow you to Airplay.

Ah... that's what that is... I was wondering what Air pin is...

thanks Justin!

No problem

Good to hear you got it working

Well if you search for Airpin via Google or Google Play it keeps leading you to Airplay/DLNA Receiver (Lite)

Yes this is the same app

We just preloaded it onto our boxes.

I couldn't even get it to work. I load Airpin and have it in the back ground on my phone and miracast on the 1800 just sits there searching.

I couldn't even get it to work. I load Airpin and have it in the back ground on my phone and miracast on the 1800 just sits there searching.

You have to open up the Airpin app on your ATV 1800, not on your phone.

Miracast and Airpin are two different things. Miracasting is to Mirror the image from your Phone or Tablet to your TV screen.

Airpin allows you to Airplay content from your IOS devices and some Android devices that support this feature.

Both your ATV 1800 and your phone must be on the same Wireless networks in order to work.

Oh ok, I have a HTC One M7. What app do I need to run on my M7 to use Miracast? Friend also has a Note 3. Miracasting sounds more appealing than Airplay for me so I can view photos/vids from my phone to the 1800e.

I am not sure if I am 100% correct, but Miracast is for non-apple products while AirPlay is for apple products..... only limited to pictures and videos... to get the screen completely transferred, it is called Airplay Mirroring... not sure if that ability is on the 1800e.....

If you want just to view photos and videos from your phone to your box.

I would suggest using the Airpin Lite app which comes pre installed in your box. Just open the app once, and it will run in the background.

As long as your phone and your ATV 1800E are connected to the same Wifi network, you will be able to Airplay Photos and Videos from your phone to your ATV 1800E.

I use this feature all the time for videos.

The only app that I have seen that works for Airplay Mirroring is the Air Pin Pro app in the Playstore, since Airplay Mirroring is mainly for Apple to Apple devices. However this company has figured out how to make Airplay Mirroring from Apple to Android devices.

I've loaded the Airpin on the 1800e but I still don't know what app to run on the M7. Both devices are connected via wireless on the same network. I've tried "Media Output" which is in the swipe down menu on the phone, it seems to connect and that it.

I've loaded the Airpin on the 1800e but I still don't know what app to run on the M7. Both devices are connected via wireless on the same network. I've tried "Media Output" which is in the swipe down menu on the phone, it seems to connect and that it.

Download these 2 apps from the Play Store

Imedia Share personal

And Flipps

I use both of these apps to Airplay content from my Samsung Galaxy S4 to my Mygica box all the time.

The Android operating system does not have a lot of support for having Airplay built into the OS like Apple does with IOS. So therefore when it comes to Android we mainly rely on the Apps to have Airplay built into the app rather then the OS.

What IOS ipad/iPhone does Airpin support ?

As I have tried an Ipad with ios7 and an iphone6 with ios8 and both seem to crash the Airpin services ? And I cant get the ipad / iPhone to display on TV ? Both are on same wifi etc

I have tried it on IOS 6, IOS 7 and IOS 7.1 and it has all worked for me. Haven't had the chance to try IOS 8 since none of the devices I use have been upgraded to IOS 8 yet.

I have used it with both an Iphone and Ipad.

Hi Guys

I have checked and the app I am using the Built-in app on my 1800 MYGICA box called Airpin not Airplay.

I guess I will need to download and install the Airplay app ?

Air pin is what you would use to Airplay from IOS devices. So there is no need to download an Airplay app.

Screen mirroring from IOS devices is failing for you, because it is not supported.

Oh I see. Thanks for clearing that up Justin.

Coz when I try to enable it it sort of works and then fails with an error.

WIll it be supported in the future ?

Or do you recommend an alternative app that would be able to do iPad screen mirroring ?

Oh I see. Thanks for clearing that up Justin.

Coz when I try to enable it it sort of works and then fails with an error.

WIll it be supported in the future ?

Or do you recommend an alternative app that would be able to do iPad screen mirroring ?

The upgraded version to Airpin Lite. Which is called Airpin Pro has this.

Its about $5 from the Play Store.

It looks like we have to pay for our ios device to make mirror function to work, right?

If possible, somebody please put some video to see how smooth is mirroring function looks like.

I intented to buy this device.

Thanks