Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zet

Pairing the remote

Pairing the remote

Hi.

Just bought the ATV 495 max, but we cant pair the remote.  Without the remote being paired, you cant reset the machine.  It seems like it might have been setup before.

Please assist us in sorting this asap.

Hi, when you first power it up, did you not get a setup wizard? 

For now, please try plugging in a mouse from a computer so that you can navigate to settings, Bluetooth devices, and add a new device. 

You can put your remote into pairing mode by pressing the “ok” and “back” button s at the same time for about ten seconds. Once you release, their should be a rapidly blinking red light. If there isn’t, try holding down those buttons again at the same time for about ten seconds. 

Hi. I have the same problem. It’s stuck on the welcome page where you have to select the language and the remote does not work so I can’t do anything

2 hours ago, SueS said:

Hi. I have the same problem. It’s stuck on the welcome page where you have to select the language and the remote does not work so I can’t do anything

Are there any lights on the remote when you push buttons? 

Did you try the pairing mode? 

If there are lights, then try the above method of plugging in a mouse from a computer to navigate to the Bluetooth settings and pair it that way.  Detailed instructions are above. 

I did try pairing mode. The red light is flashing after a couple of seconds but then it still doesn’t work.

Do I have to plug the mouse into my tv?

The remote may already be paired...you may need to use a regular computer mouse to navigate the menu and remove the Bluetooth  paired device, then try again, also make sure the device is close to the remote when paring 

Plug the PC mouse into the port on the MyGica ATV495Max, you will have to remove the cover as shown here:

ATV-495-Max-left-cover-off.jpg

1 hour ago, SueS said:

I turned the box upside down 5 times and could not find the usb port. Thank you so much!!

Does that hat mean everything worked out? 

Thanks Admin for jumping in on this as well

if you need more help, I’m happy to be of assistance.  

Dlh,

what do you mean hard reset the remote? The box can be hard reset through both manual and in operating system methods. Do you not have a mouse that will work? 

Have you tried the remote pairing procedures? 

Hi there, I am having a problem with the remote, I am able to pair it using a PC mouse, is shows as an accessory.  But nothing works on the remote.  Not even the power button.

Such a terrible remote, cheap rubbish. Can't get it to pair even when using a nouse and navigating to bluetooth pairing.. remote light flashes when I select the back and ok button and the decive picks up the remote but pairing fails each time.. feeling very frustrated and annoyed... please advise else I will return for a refund.

9 hours ago, Bennnnnnnnnn said:

Such a terrible remote, cheap rubbish. Can't get it to pair even when using a nouse and navigating to bluetooth pairing.. remote light flashes when I select the back and ok button and the decive picks up the remote but pairing fails each time.. feeling very frustrated and annoyed... please advise else I will return for a refund.

I don't think the problem is the remote but the android version that comes originally with the device (version 7.1), I believe this issues are gone when you get to upgrade the device to Android 9 Pie which is already available to download and install.

I have the same problem. I tried using the mouse after the setup screen.  It worked to navigate until I got to the network screen and I could not use the mouse to click on the letters when the pop up keyboard came up on screen.  Clicking the mouse didn’t work on the keyboard to select letters or press the next button. So I am stuck on this page because I can’t enter in my password to connect to the router. Help!!!!!!

To anyone it helps if you have a wireless keyboard if you are looking at the top of the box on the left side open from the bottom that is where the usb port is and you plug in your wireless keyboard key in to or just read the quick start guide or instructions book

Hi,,suddenly no sound from MyGica Box...when you push the volume buttons on the remote it shows on the TV but no sound...not the tV

On 9/23/2018 at 1:59 PM, Zet said:

Pairing the remote

Hi.

Just bought the ATV 495 max, but we cant pair the remote.  Without the remote being paired, you cant reset the machine.  It seems like it might have been setup before.

Please assist us in sorting this asap.

where can i see the answers