Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

XBMC 12.3 LINUX FOR ATV 500X

On 1/2/2017 at 3:30 PM, Pandora said:

My mac cannot recognize the downloaded file:(

It is in zip format, and we do not have any other way that we can give it to you other then ZIP format.

Plus these files are almost 3 years old.

You do not have a PC at all?

My ATV500X - 3 years old or not - should still work.

It's never worked properly.  I did a factory reset, and it's not showing the network information at all.  Would installing this file help with that, or... ?

On 6/24/2017 at 2:56 AM, MrNerd said:

My ATV500X - 3 years old or not - should still work.

It's never worked properly.  I did a factory reset, and it's not showing the network information at all.  Would installing this file help with that, or... ?

You can try installing the file to see if that helps
However this is a very old version of XBMC and a lot of the add ons won't even work anymore.
There has not been a newer version of XBMC/KODI since 12.3 for your device, and add ons stop working after awhile unless you upgrade the version of KODI on your device.
In this case it is not possible because there is no more support for the ATV 500X.

This is a very sad state of affairs for me.  I setup the Pivos linux firmware for their DS on this box, and it works very well, except there's no Netflix support built-in.  I guess I have to update hardware - of course it won't be a Mygica - they gave me up way too fast.

7 hours ago, MrNerd said:

This is a very sad state of affairs for me.  I setup the Pivos linux firmware for their DS on this box, and it works very well, except there's no Netflix support built-in.  I guess I have to update hardware - of course it won't be a Mygica - they gave me up way too fast.

Pivos Linux Firmware will work for this.

But keep in mind, it is Linux and not Android
There is no Netflix available for Linux.

The Pivos Linux Firmware you are using is from a Third Party Developer that has been continuing support
It works on your box as well, because our factory made that model # for Pivos which is also very similar to the 500X.