Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kthurai2i

How to restore ATV 582

I too seem to be having this trouble. Solid blue centre LED with no other response. No signal from ATV582. Using MicroSD formatted with SD Formatter 4 or using clean USB key. Both medias were 4GB in size with nothing else on them except for the following:

dd.exe

factory_update_param.aml

factory_update_param.ubt

readme.txt

recovery.img

sd_bak

u-boot.bin

uboot_MX.cmd

update_Mygica_ATV582_20150721.img

then followed these instructions:

1 Run uboot_MX.cmd file on PC, it will pop up a window to remind you to continue, just press any button£¬until it automatically exit.

2 Insert the boot card into the box; press and hold the upgrade button, plug in power adapter;

3 Hold the button for about 10 seconds;

4 Release the button as soon as the LED start flashing and wait for 1-2 minutes(screen has no display at this time),please don¡¯t plug out the power;

and then normally you will see robot screen it is updating the firmware;

5 After be finished, the box will restart.

My problem is the LEDs never start flashing. I am sure I am pressing the reset button correctly as I can feel the slight click as I press and release with a paperclip.

Your SD Card formatted to FAT32?

Your SD Card formatted to FAT32?

Hi Justin. Thanks for your reply. Yes - FAT32 for both SD and USB.

I suspect something has happened that I might only be able to recover via the serial port interface. I am trying to download the files now, but would appreciate any advice you could offer. Also, is there a username/password to access the files?

Thanks, DV

Actually, I was finally able to retrieve the files from the link in "Mygica 4.4 1105(ATV1800 & ATV582) upgrade instruction.doc". Pause and Resume seemed to get it going...

The 2 .jpg files included show conflicting information about pin assignments for the serial port, but I'm sure I'll figure that out.

Wish me luck? ;-)

Here's the output I get from the ATV582 when trying to connect to the serial port:

EEEE I3000000032940xf100110203A77500EEEE I400000004294_M8_BL1_10221D113B323EEEE I4000A000E294enter usb bootA1A13697EEEE I30009200A0940xdd00000103974545EEEE I60009200F094No boot up device found1284F1A2EEEE I50009200C094enter serial boot13549830EEEE I000092009094EEEE I000082008094EEEE I000072007094EEEE I000062006094EEEE I000062006094EEEE I000052005094EEEE I000042004094EEEE I000032003094EEEE I000022002094EEEE I000012001094

I have tried with both SD and USB loaded in the box. Suggestions on next steps? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

DV

Here's the output I get from the ATV582 when trying to connect to the serial port:
EEEE I3000000032940xf100110203A77500EEEE I400000004294_M8_BL1_10221D113B323EEEE I4000A000E294enter usb bootA1A13697EEEE I30009200A0940xdd00000103974545EEEE I60009200F094No boot up device found1284F1A2EEEE I50009200C094enter serial boot13549830EEEE I000092009094EEEE I000082008094EEEE I000072007094EEEE I000062006094EEEE I000062006094EEEE I000052005094EEEE I000042004094EEEE I000032003094EEEE I000022002094EEEE I000012001094

I have tried with both SD and USB loaded in the box. Suggestions on next steps? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

DV

I have used the serial cable method myself.

Issues I ran into was OS issues on Windows.

I find the serial cable method worked best on Windows XP, almost never gave me any issues.

I always use SD card for whenever I use Serial Cable method

I find the serial cable method worked best on Windows XP, almost never gave me any issues.

As in XP Mode or a strict installation of XP? How about a Virtual Machine?

Thanks,

DV

As in XP Mode or a strict installation of XP? How about a Virtual Machine?

Thanks,

DV

I was using an Older PC with XP installed on it.

I keep it here at the office because of the OS and also cause it has a Serial Cable Port.

Not sure about compatibility mode or Virtual Machine

OK thanks, Justin. I'll try some of these methods and let you know how I make out.

DV

OK thanks, Justin. I'll try some of these methods and let you know how I make out.

DV

Ok let me know

Thanks

Wow! I saved this box! :shock:

So the trick seems to be in how the SD is prepared. I used a program I found linked under another thread on another board for another (ATV520) box:

http://forums.tvaddons.ag/kodi-for-andr ... post159854

Using the SDcardMaker.exe in Windows XP Mode on my Windows 7 PC, with the proper u-boot.bin file for the ATV582, I managed to get the device to respond so I could flash the uboot and recovery using Putty. Phew...

Thanks Justin, for the suggestion of Windows XP. Windows 7 obviously formats FAT32 differently or something.

Tip for others who might need to do this: Keep the HDMI from the MyGica connected to a TV/Monitor so you can tell when the recovery process is actually happening.

Hi Justin, I have tried all the steps in the post to revive my device ATV582, but with no luck. It does not boot to recovery after holding the reset button for 10+ seconds. The blue light just stays on and no response even after 30min. I'm in South Africa and swapping my device bought from Takealot.com and hopefully they will. Just adding onto this thread that it looks like the device jumps to "Bricked" by itself if prematurely booted.

Wow! I saved this box! :shock:

So the trick seems to be in how the SD is prepared. I used a program I found linked under another thread on another board for another (ATV520) box:

http://forums.tvaddons.ag/kodi-for-andr ... post159854

Using the SDcardMaker.exe in Windows XP Mode on my Windows 7 PC, with the proper u-boot.bin file for the ATV582, I managed to get the device to respond so I could flash the uboot and recovery using Putty. Phew...

Thanks Justin, for the suggestion of Windows XP. Windows 7 obviously formats FAT32 differently or something.

Tip for others who might need to do this: Keep the HDMI from the MyGica connected to a TV/Monitor so you can tell when the recovery process is actually happening.

Good to hear you got it going

Hi Justin, I have tried all the steps in the post to revive my device ATV582, but with no luck. It does not boot to recovery after holding the reset button for 10+ seconds. The blue light just stays on and no response even after 30min. I'm in South Africa and swapping my device bought from Takealot.com and hopefully they will. Just adding onto this thread that it looks like the device jumps to "Bricked" by itself if prematurely booted.

If your box is still within 1 year warranty then there should be no issue replacing it.

Hi Justin, I got it replaced. Have a 6 month warranty with them. Thanks. Also running the latest update 1800-582-380_4.4_20151119 without upgrade issue.

If your box is still within 1 year warranty then there should be no issue replacing it.

Exactly - The thing with devices so flexible like the MyGica. It's impossible for the clerk at the counter to tell the difference between a user self inflicting dead brick and a deffective/broken/fried box. So besides the obvious "avoid bricking your box" it's better to do the risky experiences when the box is still under warranty :-)

Hi Justin,

I have a similar problem, bought my ATV582 unit earlier this year, but suddenly I have just a blank screen. Even trying to reload firmware did not help(got the link from some of your posts), the blue light just stays on and still do not see anything on the screen. I bought it from Takealot in South Africa. Is there anything else I can try? or should I send it back to them?

Hi Justin,

I have a similar problem, bought my ATV582 unit earlier this year, but suddenly I have just a blank screen. Even trying to reload firmware did not help(got the link from some of your posts), the blue light just stays on and still do not see anything on the screen. I bought it from Takealot in South Africa. Is there anything else I can try? or should I send it back to them?

You can always try this before taking it back

If this does not work for you then I would take it back to the store to be replaced.

I have been uploading all my zip files of factory restore cards onto my onedrive. I keep them updated for the most part and I will keep putting them up until they are all there.

http://1drv.ms/1JKmuNb

If you have any problem downloading them, or you need different files, let me know.

quad core video;

the 585, 582, the reset button is on the bottom.

We use the #2 method in this Word Document which is the bootcard method. For the issue you are having

We have had a 90% success rate using this method

Justin sorry to revive an old thread but it looks like this is the issue I'm currently having with my ATV 582. I get no display at all and the blue light on the front of the ATV 582 is solid blue. I was running the 5.1 Lollipop firmware (it was running dreadfully slow and seemed to create issues with the remote where after a few minutes the remote would become unresponsive and the red led at the top of it would flash repeatedly). I tried going back to an old 4.4 firmware using the reset on the bottom but now I'm not getting any display. Checked the obvious things (both HDMI inputs on TV). Tried several firmware from the ATV 582 section of the forum but none of them worked. This link you quoted above seems to lead to an Asian site now (old thread and firmware I know, but hoping it might work). I also saw at one point you had a Onedrive account with firmware.

Any chance of a restore or did I really brick it trying to revert back?

We use the #2 method in this Word Document which is the bootcard method. For the issue you are having

We have had a 90% success rate using this method

Justin sorry to revive an old thread but it looks like this is the issue I'm currently having with my ATV 582. I get no display at all and the blue light on the front of the ATV 582 is solid blue. I was running the 5.1 Lollipop firmware (it was running dreadfully slow and seemed to create issues with the remote where after a few minutes the remote would become unresponsive and the red led at the top of it would flash repeatedly). I tried going back to an old 4.4 firmware using the reset on the bottom but now I'm not getting any display. Checked the obvious things (both HDMI inputs on TV). Tried several firmware from the ATV 582 section of the forum but none of them worked. This link you quoted above seems to lead to an Asian site now (old thread and firmware I know, but hoping it might work). I also saw at one point you had a Onedrive account with firmware.

Any chance of a restore or did I really brick it trying to revert back?

You can get the files from here now

http://mygica.tv/files

Hi Justin, I didn't have any luck. Just to make sure I'm not missing anything here's what I've been doing:

I formatted the microSD (tried in both Linux and Windows) and uncompressed the files to the root directory of the microSD card.

I unmounted the microSD card correctly for both OS' then placed it in the ATV 582.

Holding a paperclip into the reset hole I plugged the power adapter into the ATV 582 and waited about 15 seconds (solid blue whole time)

To be safe I left the box sit about 5 minutes (tv auto shuts off about this time)

Nothing appeared on the HDMI at this time.

One thing I noticed about the uncompressed files, dd.exe seems to be missing - looking at the uboot_MX.cmd file it seems like it's a necessary file?

Hi Justin, I didn't have any luck. Just to make sure I'm not missing anything here's what I've been doing:

I formatted the microSD (tried in both Linux and Windows) and uncompressed the files to the root directory of the microSD card.

I unmounted the microSD card correctly for both OS' then placed it in the ATV 582.

Holding a paperclip into the reset hole I plugged the power adapter into the ATV 582 and waited about 15 seconds (solid blue whole time)

To be safe I left the box sit about 5 minutes (tv auto shuts off about this time)

Nothing appeared on the HDMI at this time.

One thing I noticed about the uncompressed files, dd.exe seems to be missing - looking at the uboot_MX.cmd file it seems like it's a necessary file?

here is the dd file, I put it into a zip folder

Although it is not really needed as its just a program to check the SD card within Windows, since Android does not use .exe extensions.

If the lights did not flash between red and blue for you while you had the reset button pressed, then it sounds like the unit is able to be fixed.

dd.zip

If the lights did not flash between red and blue for you while you had the reset button pressed, then it sounds like the unit is able to be fixed.

I haven't seen any alternating red and blue, the unit just stays blue from the moment it's plugged in. I've tried holding the manual reset for as long as a minute without any reaction (just solid blue). I feel the reset flex a bit, so it feels like contact is being made. I can't seem to get the unit to flash blue (it stays solid from the moment I plug the power in).

I also tried another microSD card, though both mount without issue in both Windows and Linux.

Still feeling a little blue. ;-) Though your comment about the red and blue gives me some hope for the unit.

I haven't seen any alternating red and blue, the unit just stays blue from the moment it's plugged in. I've tried holding the manual reset for as long as a minute without any reaction (just solid blue). I feel the reset flex a bit, so it feels like contact is being made. I can't seem to get the unit to flash blue (it stays solid from the moment I plug the power in).

I also tried another microSD card, though both mount without issue in both Windows and Linux.

Still feeling a little blue. ;-) Though your comment about the red and blue gives me some hope for the unit.

The SD card was created being formatted in FAT32?

Yes, I can do FAT16 as well if it helps. I have access to both Windows and Linux systems so if you want me to manual dd the card I can.

FAT32 is preferred

These are the exact same files that we use in the office to fix most units that come in for RMA

It works 9/10 times generallly

It sounds like you are doing everything correct though, so you might just have a bad unit is all.