Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

armoredxiv

ATV 400 Freezes when plugged into hdmi

Hi,

got my MyGica ATV400 recently and was pretty excited about using it but when I plug it into my TV's HDMI port it says "No Signal". Note that the box itself works properly when plugged into my computer monitor's HDMI port and I plug a tablet every now and then into my TV's HDMI port so that works as well. Plugging the Y cable into the Component Y slot show the picture normally but it's black and white, that is where I found out that if I plug in the HDMI cable while looking at the Component channel on my TV, the box simply freezes...the interesting thing though is that when I switch to the HDMI channel on the TV, the picture is in color and it shows, although the box is still frozen. What could be the problem?

Will appreciate any kind of advice, thanks...

Hi,

got my MyGica ATV400 recently and was pretty excited about using it but when I plug it into my TV's HDMI port it says "No Signal". Note that the box itself works properly when plugged into my computer monitor's HDMI port and I plug a tablet every now and then into my TV's HDMI port so that works as well. Plugging the Y cable into the Component Y slot show the picture normally but it's black and white, that is where I found out that if I plug in the HDMI cable while looking at the Component channel on my TV, the box simply freezes...the interesting thing though is that when I switch to the HDMI channel on the TV, the picture is in color and it shows, although the box is still frozen. What could be the problem?

Will appreciate any kind of advice, thanks...

Which display resolution do you have the box set to?

As sometimes people make the mistake of having the box setup on 1080P, but then try the box on a 720P only TV and do not get any picture on the TV screen.

Tried them both but the same issue persists. Could it possibly be an hdmi handshake problem between the tv and the box?

Could be the issue

Have you tried using a different HDMI cable.

I actually went to the store and the seller was kind enough to let me exchange my previous box for a new one of the same model and I tried that one as well with the same issue. Do you think a firmware update on the box can help the issue, maybe?

I actually went to the store and the seller was kind enough to let me exchange my previous box for a new one of the same model and I tried that one as well with the same issue. Do you think a firmware update on the box can help the issue, maybe?

I don't think a firmware update will fix this issue. As your unit more then likely has the latest firmware update available for it.

It seems like your TV just does not want to work with the ATV 400. Since you exchanged the box already, and that still did not help.

Are you using a Plasma, LED or LCD TV and is is just 720p or 1080p?