Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

harmonyjim

NHL Gamecenter

Has anyone on this forum been able to watch live hockey on Rogers Gamecenter Live on your MyGica.?

I've tried three different ways, all to no avail, on my MyGica ATV1800.

First, I installed the Android NHL Gamecenter Live app, I can log in and click to watch a gqme. I'm taken to a screen which tells me the video is loading, but it never loads.

Then, I tried to access Gamecenter via the browser. I try to do what I can successfully do on my laptop. I go to nhl.com and sign in. But my username/password (the same as on my laptop) , is not accepted.

Next I installed the NHL Gamecenter app in XBMC (I've installed Fusion). I can sign in , but any attempt to watch a live game or highlights, reults in a video failed message.

In a phone conversation with a Gamecenter tech support guy, I was told the reason for all the above problems, is that my device is not supported.

Here is the page listing the supported devices for NHL Gamecenter.

http://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/cdsignu ... es-van-url

He told me that the NHL controls what devices are supported by this app. Android is on the list, but not MyGica. Perhaps Mygica will have to contact the NHL about have their devices supported.

But, hopefully, the problem resides with me.

I can watch games on my laptop (connected to my tv) for now, but it would nice to be able to watch them as part of Mygica experience, which I 'm thoroughly enjoying.

He might have be referring to there NHL App only being able to work on GMS Google Certified Devices that run on Android.

We will be adding GMS to our firmware for the Quad Cores, so once thats added you can retry this app.

I can confirm that I am having the exact same problem with getting on NHL gamecenter. It allows you to watch video links within the app/web page but it just keeps searching when you attempt to watch a live game.

I have tried this with my ISP DNS servers and I have tried it with my USA VPN setup with the same results.

I mentioned earlier, that this app must require your device to be GMS Certified.

Since I tried this app on my Galaxy S5 Phone and it worked, and then a Mygica and it didn't work.

Besides just seeing a demo of it a few weeks ago, I still do not have a release date.

Since there were some important features I told them to fix upon seeing the demo.

I have the same problem with an ATV380. Here's a logcat: http://pastebin.com/HY04Ev1F

Off-topic, any reason the ATV380 doesnt have a forum or firmware updates? I had to visit the .com to get them, yet I purchased this device in Canada. (canada computers)

The ATV 380, 582 and 1800E all use the same firmware.

I will make a ATV 380 section once I get back.

This model will be exclusive to Canada Computers only.

I can now use NHL Gamecenter Live from XBMC Fusion, but still not from the offical Android app.

Yes we have found this ourselves during testing.

Seems a lot of the big company apps are requiring Google API's to work properly.

Will push for the GMS firmware release this month. I am currently testing it, and will be trying NHL Game Center, HBO GO, NBA and a lot of other apps to make sure they work.

I find the xbmc plugin for NHL game center works fine, the the next time I use it I have to default all the settings and then reset my name/PW to get it to work again.

Justin, any news on the GMS Firmware? We need it for ATV380 as well.

As an avid NBA fanatic is pretty frustrating to not have video on the NBA Game Time app.

I haven't opened a new thread as the issue seems to be common across the above mentioned apps.

Thanks