Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neo Rain

Dishonest Company

Dishonest Company

I bought a Mygica atv582 in March 2017 from Makro at around R1500. This box was initially released in 2014 running KitKat 4.4. Standard. After a Afew months kodi no longer offered support for android 4.4 and in order to update to kodi 17 you would have to update the box to android 5.1? Ok so I do that and it essentially rendered the box useless as everything freezes and box boots randomly. Going back to KitKat 4.4 was not an option as most of the apks and kodi addons I like would no longer work on the box. 

Here is my issue: Why is mygica still selling a box in March 2017 that they know in Afew months will essentially be obselete because of the soon to be unsupported S802 chipset that came out in 2013 and you selling it in 2017?  which is a like selling someone a 5 year gym contract and closing the place a Afew months later while offering them no alternative or thier money back. Also this box is not 4K as you folks proudly advertise all over the box and in your specs it's only 1080p so forget streaming anything 4K if your have an expensive 4K tv. 

Dishonest people that i that I will never buy a product from again. 

I tend to agree. The ATV 495/1900 PRO shipped with broken DTS audio passthrough functionality and we've been told that a fix is coming "soon" since early 2017!!! In retrospect, I wish I wasn't so trusting and I should have returned the product when I had a chance. To be honest, I'd rather buy no-name product with non-existent support than deal with a company that keeps stringing along their customers with promises they can't/won't deliver. This practice is not just dishonest; it's deceptive.

Agree 100% they are taking people for idiots by false advertising the units capabilities, supposedly offering 'support' and selling units they know will be obsolete in a matter of months. 

Avoid these guys 

Spend the extra money and get a product from a reputable company like Nvidia.