Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neo Rain

Dishonest Company

Dishonest Company

I bought a Mygica atv582 in March 2017 from Makro at around R1500. This box was initially released in 2014 running KitKat 4.4. Standard. After a Afew months kodi no longer offered support for android 4.4 and in order to update to kodi 17 you would have to update the box to android 5.1? Ok so I do that and it essentially rendered the box useless as everything freezes and box boots randomly. Going back to KitKat 4.4 was not an option as most of the apks and kodi addons I like would no longer work on the box. 

Here is my issue: Why is mygica still selling a box in March 2017 that they know in Afew months will essentially be obselete because of the soon to be unsupported S802 chipset that came out in 2013 and you selling it in 2017?  which is a like selling someone a 5 year gym contract and closing the place a Afew months later while offering them no alternative or thier money back. Also this box is not 4K as you folks proudly advertise all over the box and in your specs it's only 1080p so forget streaming anything 4K if your have an expensive 4K tv. 

Dishonest people that i that I will never buy a product from again. 

Oh your mean the fork that can't even load PVR IPTV simple client and a channel list? And numerous other addons? 

Don't give a dog a bone he's payed for then tell him you doing him a favor. 

I stand by my view: Mygica = Dishonest Company 

Contrary to your belief, MyGica ≠ Makro, MyGica does not control any retailer's inventory,  MyGica is the manufacturer and distributes product worldwide, and has no control over Makro's business whatsoever, so I do not see your logic.

You folks can attempt to pass the buck all you like to makro but you yourselves were supplying this unit up until 2017.

Also interestingly neither of you addressed my point about this unit not actually being 4K as advertised? Guess that says all we need to know about your credibility. 

I don't know where you get your information, can you furnish some proof of your 2017 distribution accusation? And yes the ATV 582 is capable of 4K 30 frames per second, as it was a leading edge unit at the time based on the S802B series.  The next generation S905's doubled to 60 frames per second. You can sit there all day and make straw man arguments, but they won't stick.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amlogic

Oh don't you worry they are very much sticking as I am one of many

i sugget you folks stop taking your customers for idiots. Not good business practice 

The box is designed for Android 4.4, plain and simple - any offers of upgrades and beta files are due to the generosity of people at MyGica, some who have volunteered their free time to make it happen.  When a chip-set is released, from a company such as Amlogic, manufacturers of Android boxes are at the whim of the chip maker and the intended operating system. 

Nobody in the business of making these products does it any different, and further to your point, MyGica does not develop Kodi, however they went out of their way to find a solution with the Mygica fork posted above. 

You may wish to look at running Linux on your 582, instructions found here: 

More information on external link, here: https://openelec.tv/