Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

damole

spi_MX.bin + recovery.img in 4.2 upgrade

hi

My box is a Sumvision Cyclone 2X badged ATV1200. I have previously flashed it with the update_stvmx_20130805_eng.zip firmware. One question I have now is what is the purpose of spi_MX.bin and recovery.img in this upgrade process. Does SPI.MX get flashed before or after the main image? Is the recovery image what is loaded during the startup if it is on the card?

cheers

damole

hi

My box is a Sumvision Cyclone 2X badged ATV1200. I have previously flashed it with the update_stvmx_20130805_eng.zip firmware. One question I have now is what is the purpose of spi_MX.bin and recovery.img in this upgrade process. Does SPI.MX get flashed before or after the main image? Is the recovery image what is loaded during the startup if it is on the card?

cheers

damole

All of these files are needed in order to do the 4.2 Upgrade properly. I am not sure myself the process of how they are loaded.

Just all I know for sure is, that all the files must be on the Root of your SD Card in order for the 4.2 update to work.

Thanks for your reply. I realized that all files are needed, I'm just trying to learn a bit more about the process.

Lots of good info here about this box.