Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

M!ke

One of the reasons I purchased the ATV 1200 was that it supported Skype. After plugging in my video camera "Logitech c920" I found out rather quickly there's no support for my video. I can see video but cannot send. I checked all the settings but can't seem to find anything.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

One of the reasons I purchased the ATV 1200 was that it supported Skype. After plugging in my video camera "Logitech c920" I found out rather quickly there's no support for my video. I can see video but cannot send. I checked all the settings but can't seem to find anything.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Have you updated to the latest version of Skype

You will need to be logged into your Playstore account in order to take this update

"Have you updated to the latest version of Skype"

Yes and thanks, that was one of the first things I did on the Playstore. There doesn't seem to be any settings for video in the Skype application at all. I can receive sound and video in a Skype conversation but can only send audio myself, no picture or video. The sad thing is I bought two ATV 1200s so I could Skype with my Daughter on her TV, doesn't look like it's going to happen...

The drivers for most Logitech cameras are pre installed into the firmware of the ATV 1200

It seems the camera you are using, does not work for the ATV 1200.

Thanks Justin for your reply. I also tried two other webcams. Both were from Microsoft "Lifecam 1080p HD Webcam Studio webcam" and the other was a very old Microsoft non HD webcam. Same results as with the Logitech and I can't send Video. Could you please tell me what HD webcams actually work with the ATV 1200? I want to buy them before Christmas.

Thanks,

Mike

What was the resolution to this problem? I just bought 2 MyGica ATV 1200's with 2 Logitech C525 webcams as Xmas gifts, and i'm having the exact same problem when I try to use Skype. This was a big reason for buying these units, and MyGica explicitly advertises that it supports Skype. Well what's the good of supporting Skype if you don't support the webcams?? Much like Mike, I can receive video/audio no problem, but i can only send audio (no video), and the video light on my webcam does not light up at all. It's just acting as a glorified mic. I was thinking of returning the webcams, and trying the Microsoft Lifecam 1080p HD studio webcam but now i'm thinking of returning the MyGica's (esp. since Mike says this Microsoft webcam does not work either). This is quite frustrating and disappointing. Please tell me there is a simple procedure to load/install the appropriate drivers on the MyGica? Is this simply a problem because the ATV1200 is an older model Gica, while the webcam is a newer model Logitech?

The C-200, C-300, C-900 from Logitech are working, as I have tested these. Was simply just plug and play to get it to work.

There is no simple way to install the drivers, since we have to pre install the drivers into our firmware, and with so many cameras to choose from and new ones always coming out, its hard to keep up to date with this.

I will suggest to support more series of cameras.

I've tried with the Logitech C-525 and Microsoft LIfecam Studio (1425) and neither are working. Actually got a bit further with the Microsoft webcam, as i get video when i launch a call with Skype, but as soon as the call connects, i no longer transmit video. It seems as though the driver is installed for this webcam, but is not fully compliant with Skype. Do you think i'd perhaps have better luck with the newer ATV 1800e or 582 models? I see they are on sale this week. Perhaps it's time to return these old ATV 1200's?

I’m still waiting for this issue to be resolved, either through a driver / android update with MyGica or info on actual cameras that a person can purchase today that are not defunct and work with Skype. The ATV 1200 is the only model being sold at Bestbuy with the pre-installed Skype application in Canada, but it needs to be fixed and compatible with more cameras. After buying two 1200s for this sole purpose of Skyping with my daughter this is very frustrating to say the least.

Mike, check out CanadaComputers or NewEgg.ca... they are selling the newer MyGica models. I just picked up an ATV 582 at Canada Computers on sale for $99. I'm hoping the 582 (or the 1800, which has more ports/connectivity) will have better luck with the newer webcam models. And i wish i could answer that now, but i've got another issue with my 582 right now (might be DOA).

Got my ATV 582 working and was able to make some Skype test calls. I'm happy to say that the Logitech C-525 (HD, 720p) webcam works with the 582 (and at $99, why bother with the 1200). The news is not so good for the Microsoft Lifecam HD Studio (1425) webcam. When you launch a call, the video comes up and i can see myself on my TV, however, as soon as the call connects, the video drops. And even if i manually toggle video OFF/ON while the call is up, i cannot get the video from my webcam to transmit. So the fact that the video comes up initially, tells me that MyGica has included the driver for this webcam, however, the driver needs an update (as it is buggy with Skype). Perhaps this can be fixed?? :)

Got my ATV 582 working and was able to make some Skype test calls. I'm happy to say that the Logitech C-525 (HD, 720p) webcam works with the 582 (and at $99, why bother with the 1200). The news is not so good for the Microsoft Lifecam HD Studio (1425) webcam. When you launch a call, the video comes up and i can see myself on my TV, however, as soon as the call connects, the video drops. And even if i manually toggle video OFF/ON while the call is up, i cannot get the video from my webcam to transmit. So the fact that the video comes up initially, tells me that MyGica has included the driver for this webcam, however, the driver needs an update (as it is buggy with Skype). Perhaps this can be fixed?? :)

Good to hear

Responded to this same post on another thread

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2109

9 hours ago, LiberiFatali said:

As I read, I understand that there's an internal micro inside the ATV1200, so that it's already prepared for voice recording?

Do you mean internal memory?

If so, then yes the ATV 1200 comes with either 4GB or 8GB internal memory

Which would mean you would have about 2-5GB of memory available.

On 3/3/2017 at 11:36 PM, Justin said:

Do you mean internal memory?

If so, then yes the ATV 1200 comes with either 4GB or 8GB internal memory

Which would mean you would have about 2-5GB of memory available.

I mean the microphone. Since this topic is about Skype, does ATV1200 have the internal microphone or we need the external microphone?

Thanks

10 hours ago, LiberiFatali said:

I mean the microphone. Since this topic is about Skype, does ATV1200 have the internal microphone or we need the external microphone?

Thanks

The ATV 1200 does not have an internal Mic

You would need an external mic

On 3/7/2017 at 1:54 AM, Justin said:

The ATV 1200 does not have an internal Mic

You would need an external mic

Thanks. However, ATV 1200 doesn't have the slot for external mic right?

On 3/13/2017 at 6:04 AM, LiberiFatali said:

Thanks. However, ATV 1200 doesn't have the slot for external mic right?

No it does not.

A USB Mic might work, but I am not 100% since I have not tried it before on a 1200