Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bkastner

Autostart an application (Plex)

I give up... I've been Googling around and trying different launchers, but I can't figure out how to do what I am after - and I have to assume it's pretty basic and either I am searching for the wrong terms or just have no clue. :)

I bought a ATV520E for my parents and have given them access to my video library via Plex. I have Plex installed, but would like the device to boot into Plex automatically.

When I first start the device (running 4.2.2) I see Launcher or MyGica, and I've installed other launchers which show up on the menu, but with none of them can I seem to get Plex to autostart.

I really want this to be as brainless for my parents as possible, but I am seriously at a loss on what I need to do here.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated - I've been banging my head against this for a couple of days now and it's driving me nuts.

I give up... I've been Googling around and trying different launchers, but I can't figure out how to do what I am after - and I have to assume it's pretty basic and either I am searching for the wrong terms or just have no clue. :)

I bought a ATV520E for my parents and have given them access to my video library via Plex. I have Plex installed, but would like the device to boot into Plex automatically.

When I first start the device (running 4.2.2) I see Launcher or MyGica, and I've installed other launchers which show up on the menu, but with none of them can I seem to get Plex to autostart.

I really want this to be as brainless for my parents as possible, but I am seriously at a loss on what I need to do here.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated - I've been banging my head against this for a couple of days now and it's driving me nuts.

Try looking for an app called ¨STARTUP MANAGER¨in the Play Store, in there you should be able to choose apps to Auto Startup at the time you turn on your device.

This should work for you.

Thanks Justin.

I resolved my issue. I installed "Autostart no root" and added Plex to the autostart list. Originally it would start Plex, but move it to the background. I added a 2 second delay to the start and now Plex is the last thing that boots and stays on screen, so life is good (at least on this front).