Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chrisbud

ATV510x No Wifi

Hi,

I have been trying to set up my ATV510x and it will work when I plug the ethernet cable into it, but it doesn't see any wifi connections. I watched a set-up video on youtube and his wifi connections come in immediately.

Mine only says "wired" (even if I have my ethernet cable unplugged). And when I click on wired it brings up an Access Points window and there is only one item in there that says "Wired".

Is there some other place in the xbmc menus where you have to turn on the wifi on this model?

Cheers and thanks for the help, looking forward to getting the wireless working on this!

This is what happens on someone else's I know that I just messaged:

"On ours:

We go to XBMC, System, Settings, System, Internet Access, Network Connection - OK,

Access Points

Wired

Wireless-put in password It shows our Netgear wireless."

Thanks so much Justin!

I looked in Programs and I don't see Wifi Manager there...I see Add on Installer, and Config Wizard, Fresh Start, Maintenance Tool, and Notifications in there?

Thanks again!

Thanks so much Justin!

I looked in Programs and I don't see Wifi Manager there...I see Add on Installer, and Config Wizard, Fresh Start, Maintenance Tool, and Notifications in there?

Thanks again!

Which version of XBMC are you running on the 510X?

You can find out under System Info within the settings menu of XBMC

No matter what I do, it just doesn't see anything wireless. Even when I put it right beside 3 wireless networks right beside the router.

Try factory resetting the box then, by using the Reset button on the bottom of the unit.

This should solve your problem.

Thanks Justin, I did the factory reset (and I watched the video online about how to do it). I rebooted the unit after that, and it is fresh and new again, but it still will only show wired under System and Internet access. So, strangely, I don't get to see the wireless option like everyone else sees.

Thanks Justin, I did the factory reset (and I watched the video online about how to do it). I rebooted the unit after that, and it is fresh and new again, but it still will only show wired under System and Internet access. So, strangely, I don't get to see the wireless option like everyone else sees.

That is so strange.

Try this version of XBMC

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hv07dadbt7qfz ... X.rar?dl=0

It has Wifi manager under program add ons.

Make sure you load the SPI file first, and then the firmware file. This can be done through the Recovery menu, and you can use an SD card or USB Storage device to load the files.

If wifi manager does not work after loading XBMC 12.4, then I would suggest getting the unit exchanged under warranty, since Wifi would be defective.

Thanks again so much for your help Justin. :) And I was able to exchange it for a 1200 now and it worked perfectly right out of the box and connected easily to my wifi network. No idea why the 510x just wouldn't see any wifi at all.

Cheers!

Chris

Thanks again so much for your help Justin. :) And I was able to exchange it for a 1200 now and it worked perfectly right out of the box and connected easily to my wifi network. No idea why the 510x just wouldn't see any wifi at all.

Cheers!

Chris

Ok no problem.

The wifi is crap on this device. I opened it up based on advise of a Youtube video and moved the reciever to the front of the device. Much better now but you still need all bars on the wifi signal populated for the wifi to work effectively. My expereince anyway.

The wifi is crap on this device. I opened it up based on advise of a Youtube video and moved the reciever to the front of the device. Much better now but you still need all bars on the wifi signal populated for the wifi to work effectively. My expereince anyway.

Suprised you had to do this, since this was really only required on the first version of the ATV 520

I have the 510x setup at a few friends places, since they wanted something simple with XBMC only, and never get complaints about Wifi from them.