Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loy

How to navigate menu in System Recovery Screen in atv495 pro

How to navigate menu in System Recovery Screen in atv495 pro

After multiple freezes of atv495 pro I decided to factory reset from the settings menu. 

It started well and went past the android reset logo, past the Lollipop screen, until it froze on the Mygica screen. 

I then tried a second reset by holding down power button as I  plug in. This sent me to the  Android System Recovery screen. 

Here I don't know how to scroll down the recovery screen menu to highlight the 'wipe data/factory reset' option. The standard remote (with qwerty on reverse side & a USB dongle) is not working, and I have tried connecting an external mouse which did not help. 

I noticed that clicking the power button 'selects' /'enters'  the highlighted option (presently stuck at the top of the menu). 

Can anyone help on the 'navigation' and any advice on the ultimate solution as I am not not aware if this will lead to a need for flashing the device (of which I would need guidance) 

1538299082986-1761618834.jpg

20180929_041129.jpg

1538299169736-196442492.jpg

It presently boots up to the Lollipop screen and freezes, and no longer shows the android recovery screen when plugging with the on switch depressed. 

Hi there, the best thing you can do now is to do the restore through SD card method. 

Follow the second set of instructions on the link below, carefully. 

Edit: just a heads up that I deleted your other forum comments on an old post that was asking the same as you did here.

Thanks all, and apologies for the late response, I was away. 

The new development is that the device no longer boots to the Android recovery screen when powering with the power button depressed. It boots to the Lollipop screen and freezes and does not get to access the image file in the SD card. 

The only difference when powered with the power button depressed or not-depressed is that the power LED lights glows to a bright red or a red-to-ember respectively, but boots to the Lollipop screen. 

I now have no clue how to get it to boot from the SD card image. 

20181009_110415.jpg

20181009_110221.jpg

hi,

At this point I would suggest to head over to mygica.tv/help and start a warranty ticket. 

Youll need your proof of purchase so we can verify it is still under warranty. If you don’t have it or the device is out of its 1 year warranty, we can still take a look at it and try repairing the device. If successful there would be a small fee.