Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scimitar

Tv losing signal through hdmi on 1960

Tv losing signal through hdmi on 1960

Hi. I have had my 1960 for about a month now. From the beginning I have been having the problem where the signal to the tv through hdmi gets lost. This happens when the tv is switched off for a few hours, overnight or during the day when we are at work. I then need to unplug the power cord and reboot the unit every time this happens. I have set the unit to not go into standby mode. I have changed hdmi cables. I have tried different hdmi ports on the tv. It happens when Kodi is running in the foreground or if I leave the home screen in the foreground. ES file manager is also running mostly, could that app be problematic?

Is there anyone that experienced this as well and found a solution?

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that my tv is a LG and that the LG Simplink is switched off. 

It seem if I leave it on the home screen it stays active. It's been on for 3 days now without losing signal.

Seems like I spoke too soon. I got home this afternoon and the signal was lost, so I had to reboot again.

Where do you find the CEC setting on the box? I have been through all the settings  and I do not see any SCS settings, unless I am missing something somewhere.

Thanks for that info.  I did find the setting and CEC was switched off.

Can ES File manager be causing issues? I use that to share the media folders on the external drives connected to the unit, on the home network.

I will keep monitoring it though.

Thanks

Through ES. The ftp option. Is there a better way? Quite new to this. Had a Mede8er before and all the drives were shown on the Home network as network drives. But mygica works different. It has lost sugnal again today during the course of the day. It's really frustrating and I'm thinking of returning the unit to the store.

That sure is an interesting way to access file sharing. 

Before returbing it to the store, can you do a factory reset? 

Once it’s fresh again, I would try doing file sharing through kodi. It’s actually pretty easy, and it has loads of other features like auto organizing your media, as well as downloading artwork and closed captioning through their native addons. 

Check out this site showing more info. There are a ton of YouTube videos that show how to do it easily as well;

https://kodi.wiki/view/File_sharing

Also, if we are able to zero in on what is creating this issue, while rare, will help us figure out how to uodate the system so that others will not get this problem in the future. 

Thanks for your feedback, and any continued discussion is greatly appreciated. 

I have done a factory reset recently as it was not picking up the internal hdd or the external hdd's. After the reset it picked up all the drives correctly, but the loss of signal still persists. I will have a look at the videos you suggested.

Thanks

The video loss happens before re-setting up anything with ES? 

Do you have another tv you can see if this is happening on? 

If this keeps persisting, it may be worth an exchange at the store.or through our warranty center. 

Feel free to PM me any additional info or questions as well. I would like to help as best we can on this. 

Again, thanks for the effort on this instead of just returbing it so far. This is a weird issue. 

I have the same problem i have to unplug the 1960 everyday...i have two 1960 two different tv..has the same problem with both unit..both 1960 is just on home screen before turning off the tv

I have the same problem have 2 1960 it happens to both unit 2 different tv..will be returning unit next week..annoying to unplugging unit everyday. One tv is tcl one tv is insignia.

Just renaming, and brightness,cec which i have change everything and turning on cec on 1960. Still the same. I made the 1960 with screen saver and never sleep. Still have to unplug everyday the 1960

The only thing that seems to work is if I power the unit down to standby mode after use. When we want to watch anything, I have to switch on my tv first, then my Denon amp, switch the amp's input to media player and then power on the 1960. If I forget to power off to standby or full power off after use, it's lost signal when i switch the tv on. If i switch the components on in any other order than described here then the 1960 does not get signal and I have to reboot by unplugging the unit's power cable.

On 5/7/2019 at 4:17 PM, Scimitar said:

The only thing that seems to work is if I power the unit down to standby mode after use. When we want to watch anything, I have to switch on my tv first, then my Denon amp, switch the amp's input to media player and then power on the 1960. If I forget to power off to standby or full power off after use, it's lost signal when i switch the tv on. If i switch the components on in any other order than described here then the 1960 does not get signal and I have to reboot by unplugging the unit's power cable.

Have you tried the HDMI CEC settings on the 1960?

Sounds like this could be a CEC issue.

33 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

That was the first thing I tried. It made no difference.

Must be an HDMI Passthrough issue then, as I re read the setup you're using.

Have you tried a different HDMI Cable?
As some are better then others.