Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selwyn

Adverts coming up when using my Mygica ATV 329X

Adverts coming up when using my Mygica ATV 329X

Whenever I boot up my Magica I have an advert page  (eg for Join Facebook) coming upon my screen with two BIG RED X's on the screen. The advert seems to be default non removable. Can anybody help me with trying to be rid of this scourge.

Selwyn

advert1.jpg

advert2.jpg

advert3.jpg

WOW!  Firstly thank you for your immediate response to my query re adverts appearing on my screen when using my Mygica ATV 329X.  Huge appreciation.

Your response make 100% sense and I am going to opt for a factory reset. I have a small issue though and that is I don't recall my password so as to do the factory reset. Could you please guide me through the procedure as to how to change my password when I have forgotten the original password.

Once again thanks a ton for your quick response.

Selwyn

23 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

Seems like you may have installed an app with some bad stuff in it. 

I would recommend deleting the last couple of apps that you installed, or factory resetting the box. 

17 hours ago, Selwyn said:

WOW!  Firstly thank you for your immediate response to my query re adverts appearing on my screen when using my Mygica ATV 329X.  Huge appreciation.

Your response make 100% sense and I am going to opt for a factory reset. I have a small issue though and that is I don't recall my password so as to do the factory reset. Could you please guide me through the procedure as to how to change my password when I have forgotten the original password.

Once again thanks a ton for your quick response.

Selwyn

Can I follow up on the above mail.

The adverts have now effectively brought my system to a standstill. It is unquestionable that I have been "attacked" and that a factory reset is imperative. I am trying to do the factory reset and have attained the following screens:

Please note the multitude of e's on the top of the screen. All indications lead to the conclusion that I picked up some bad things with one of my app installations.

605665850_Factoryreset.thumb.jpg.dc64de25a6254292019f525e76edb4f7.jpg

As can be seen this screen is followed by the  below warning screen. The warning screen is followed by the "confirm your password" screen.  My problem is that nowhere since purchasing my Mygica have I ever used a password.  Can you possibly help by telling me where to find the needed password or how to go about doing my reset after the "confirm your password" page.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Selwyn .  (All the way from South Africa) 

Warning.thumb.jpg.05deeb0075b6adcea87862e76137f4c6.jpgPassword..thumb.jpg.fe3ce1dd1ace5b98e0d77893b8705bf7.jpg

I purchased the Mygica from a local retailer by name of Takealot  (Email order company) in South Africa. They are very reliable.

I love my Mygica. I think it is a great product. Obviously the fact that I got hit by an ugly app has nothing to do with your product's worth. That's just the way it goes. I would however like to do the reset and use the android.

Any ideas from your side?

Once again thanks very much for your support over the past couple of days. I have called in some local professional support but they are all flummoxed because of the need of the password.  Could the password be the serial number of one of the other numbers on the back of the machine?

Hope you can help.

Selwyn Davidowitz.

On 10/22/2018 at 6:05 PM, Selwyn said:

I purchased the Mygica from a local retailer by name of Takealot  (Email order company) in South Africa. They are very reliable.

I love my Mygica. I think it is a great product. Obviously the fact that I got hit by an ugly app has nothing to do with your product's worth. That's just the way it goes. I would however like to do the reset and use the android.

Any ideas from your side?

Once again thanks very much for your support over the past couple of days. I have called in some local professional support but they are all flummoxed because of the need of the password.  Could the password be the serial number of one of the other numbers on the back of the machine?

Hope you can help.

Selwyn Davidowitz.

I have the same problem. Did you find out how to reset the password or what the default is? I bought mine at Makro