Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brad68

Won't move past language set up

OK, last try till the pros chime in (your unit is fully warrantied so no worries)

I just asked the engineers how to factory reset the device

This is your choice, I believe the answer is much simpler, but since I am only a paper pusher here, I  do not have all the answers ( I have had my box reset)

Hi Brad, 

sorry youre having this issue. Hopefully I can help figure this out. 

Just to confirm, you have a computer mouse hooked up to the USB port of the mygica unit, correct?  Are there lights on the remote when you push buttons? There should be a single blue light that appears  if not then put in different batteries. 

Can you try clicking the arrow with your mouse on the right side of the screen to go to the next option. It should continue through each one until it gets to the end, even if you don’t change any settings. 

If you cant see the arrow in the center part of the right side of the screen, it may be that your aspect ratio is off. This can either be corrected in the display setting part for zooming in and out, but since you may not be able to see that check your tv remote, not the mygica remote. 

Youll be looking for a setting in your television for changing the ratio so that the full screen fits properly. 

Lastly, if you’re having trouble with that too, try hooking up a keyboard instead of a mouse and keep on clicking right until you’re passed all the setup. (You’ll have to log into a gmail account, if you don’t have one, just head over and set one up for the purpose of downloading apps etc. even if you don’t use it for anything else. 

If youve succesfully arrived at the home screen, go into the settings and look for devices. You should see a Bluetooth symbol. Click on that and go through the paces  of starting to pair a device. (Your remote) 

Youll have to press “ok” and the back button on the remote for several seconds  until the lights blink rapidly on their own to initiate the pairing mode on the remote. From there, it pairs like any other Bluetooth device you may add to an android device. 

Please se let me know if any of this helps. If need be, I’ll try and get you on the phone with someone who can help further. 

On 11/5/2018 at 9:03 PM, Death said:

Have the same problems cant pass language selection ....any help or ideas

Hi, 

please give a bit more detail  I’m happy to try my best  

Is there any light on the remote when you press buttons? 

Are you able to move anything on that screen at all? 

Are you able to see the arrow na in the left and right of the screen or does it seem that part of the screen is not showing? 

Have you tried the suggestions above regarding a mouse or keyboard? 

12 hours ago, GeeBee said:

Hello, I seem to have the same problem, the device is stuck on the page where you select language, please advise what to do😡

Hi, 

Is there any light on the remote when you press buttons? 

Are you able to see the arrow na in the left and right of the screen or does it seem that part of the screen is not showing? 

On 11/17/2018 at 1:09 AM, MyGica Support said:

Hi, 

Is there any light on the remote when you press buttons? 

I can’t connect my remote at all. There’s no USB port on my model, so I can’t use a mouse. Why won’t my remote pair with my box?  Why is this such a common problem?  

15 hours ago, Curtis said:

I can’t connect my remote at all. There’s no USB port on my model, so I can’t use a mouse. Why won’t my remote pair with my box?  Why is this such a common problem?  

Hi Curtis, 

hopefully admins picture helps you figure this out. If it didn’t,  please give me somebody more information and answer my questions above about needing additional info. I’m happy to help however I can. 

On 12/1/2018 at 9:30 PM, MyGica Support said:

Once you’re hovering over your preferred language, there’s no need to click ok. Simply press right on the directional pad to go to the next screen.