Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

geraldine

Bluetooth Speaker

Bluetooth Speaker

Hi. We bought a mygica atv495max and am struggling to connect it to a JBL bluetooth speaker.

We can connect the mygica to our voombox bluetooth speaker.

And we can connect to the jbl via our cellphones.

Nothing we do seems to connect the mygica to the JBL

Please help :(

Does the jbl have a pairing mode? 

How do you connect to it via cellphones? 

When you go into bluetooth devices and to “add a device” in android, while the Jbl is in pairing mode, what happens? 

Yes it does

Normal search for device and add it

Nothing it just searches and searches. But if we put the other bluetooth speaker in pairing mode it picks it up straight away.

But my phone connects to both those speakers via bluetooth with no issues, so the mygica should also isnt it?

2 hours ago, geraldine said:

Yes it does

Normal search for device and add it

Nothing it just searches and searches. But if we put the other bluetooth speaker in pairing mode it picks it up straight away.

But my phone connects to both those speakers via bluetooth with no issues, so the mygica should also isnt it?

Yes it should connect. I’ve used many different Bluetooth speakers with it. 

Im not sure which jbl youbhave and found the first YouTube video that was discussing this issue, showing how to reset the speaker. 

let me know if somehow that helped  maybe you can find other videos if this isn’t the similar model.

either way, keep us updated  

Can it not be that the speaker device is bluetooth 2.0 and the mygica only communicates with bluetooth 4.1

We bought a jvc soundbar bluetooth 2.0 which also didn't communicate with the mygica but it connects to our cellphones just fine. However the booklet for this JBL says 4.1 so it cant be the version, its a JBL extreme 2

We have 2 of these mygicas and both of them do not communicate with the jbl or jvc.  Our cellphones connects to the same jbl and jvc just fine.

Are there any limitations with regards to bluetooth versions?

I think you're right about the Bluetooth version of a pair of headphonse or speakers needing to be v4. 1. That's exactly my experience too.

I have managed to pair with my Bluetooth speaker but the sound is just too low, I have put the volume on max on the settings but the sound coming out of the speaker is too low, I changed from PCM to SPDIF with no luck, please help