Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mac_angel

no more updates?

no more updates?

I haven't used mine in a while, I had left it at my in-laws to try out IPTV (they are Chinese/Vietnamese), but they never got it set up. I brought it home last night, looking at trying IPTV again myself (didnt' work for me before). I am pretty sure it will need to be updated, but I only see posts about Android 5.0. Are there no more newer updates? It doesn't look like there's very good support on MyGica boxes if they stop updating after a short time. I'm pretty sure that the hardware should easily be able to run newer Android versions.

This is the 5.1 file and I don't think you will see anymore updates for it but I could be wrong  but seeing it is from Nov of 2016  I doubt it.....

On 12/2/2018 at 10:42 AM, mac_angel said:

no more updates?

I haven't used mine in a while, I had left it at my in-laws to try out IPTV (they are Chinese/Vietnamese), but they never got it set up. I brought it home last night, looking at trying IPTV again myself (didnt' work for me before). I am pretty sure it will need to be updated, but I only see posts about Android 5.0. Are there no more newer updates? It doesn't look like there's very good support on MyGica boxes if they stop updating after a short time. I'm pretty sure that the hardware should easily be able to run newer Android versions.

Which unit is this for? 

Please understand that we update systems as far as we can. We have even been able to bypass the kernel issues limiting updates for some boxes. 

Sometimes, we simply cannot go any further do to the chipset not supporting the operating system, which is an issue for all android manufacturers, not just mygica. 

15 minutes ago, MyGica Support said:

Which unit is this for? 

Please understand that we update systems as far as we can. We have even been able to bypass the kernel issues limiting updates for some boxes. 

Sometimes, we simply cannot go any further do to the chipset not supporting the operating system, which is an issue for all android manufacturers, not just mygica. 

LOL. This is posted in the ATV 1900AC discussions thread.

2 minutes ago, mac_angel said:

LOL. This is posted in the ATV 1900AC discussions thread.

I apologize, I’m traveling and this is showing for me as posted in the firmware general discussion thread. 

Can you please double check on that for me. If this is posted in the 1900 thread, I want to find out why it’s showing in the general discussion thread.