Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heimi0923

Choosing a language

Choosing a language

Hi there. I am experiencing problems with the my gica atv 495 max. I can't choose a language. The system dos not let me choose any language? So i can't get past the language menu?? Please help. 

Thanks. 

I had the similar issue. I could not pair remote and plugged in the mouse which did not work. I plugged in a  keyboard and manage to navigate around with the keyboard.

Hi,

is it allowing you to navigate up and down, just not past the language screen? 

Mid so, click right. You don’t need to press ok. It’s a side scrolling method to get to the next screen. 

My remote will not work, but after plugging in a mouse finally made it to the language screen. However, I cannot get any further, and does not do anything with a right click, and there is no slide bar or side scroll to continue.

Hi there,

do you have a keyboard to plug into it? 

You don’t need to click on anything.m to make it passed the language setup. It should be scrolling right. Hitting right on a keyboard should do the trick until you can setup the remote. 

I'm having the exact same issues. I purchased this box yesterday and eagerly hooked it up. I connected the remote successfully and then got stuck on the "allow google to access your location" pop up. The remote was no longer paired, apparently, and I could not advance. I spent some time online reading some trouble shooting threads and determined that I needed a mouse to navigate through and re-pair the remote. Of course, I didn't own a mouse so I dutifully went back to Best Buy and purchased one this morning. My elation at getting past the "location" pop up was immediately replaced with extreme despair when I was stuck on the language selection screen. So, back to reading threads on how to set up what has become an angst-inducing gadget.  I see from this thread that I need a keyboard (maybe). I don't know if the posters were successful or if they just gave up. I'll give it a shot but regardless of the outcome this will be my very last Mygica product.

Hey Fred, thank you for all your effort - these new Android TV boxes are actually very fun once you get them set up - I had experienced exactly the same thing navigating the menu after the remote had first paired  - a tip I may offer is to have your remote within inches when pairing the device...

Hi there our MyGica ATV495 max was set in Chinese and we have no clue how to change the language back to english. Please help

On 7/7/2019 at 4:36 AM, Mgl said:

Hi there our MyGica ATV495 max was set in Chinese and we have no clue how to change the language back to english. Please help

Same here has anyone figured it out?