Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thejoseph

Navigation bar and root

Navigation bar and root

Looking for a way to have the navigation bar again. Apps dont self close so it runs out of memory. Even using the cleaner the apps still are open, advanced task killer doesn't do any thing besides close it self. Also would like to find a way to root to get more access to the features that are locked from customising. I want to be able to run a tablet style os over a launcher style 

Mygica_Android_5.0_Orig.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Tronsmart_Orion_R28_Meta_Home_Screen.jpg

Hi there, 

Are those photos from your box?

if so, I see you’re running android 5+, which is not rooted. There are some ways out there, but we realized after 4.4 that there were a lot of issues with rooting and being able to use apps. 

Not being rooted will not stop you from changing the launcher, but, changing the launcher may give some undisputed affects. 

Both the cleaner and task killer should be closing the apps. Which apps in question are staying open? 

Many additional info will help me a lot with doagnosing the problem 

It's not on 5 it's on 7 only reason I used that picture was it was a good example of what I was trying to do. I've tried diffent launchers they don't really work with the box. Tried a nav bar as well to be told the box doesn't have one so it can't run. Or just crashed the nav program. 

Any time I use a app try and close with the rocket or task killer it only to open it up later to be in the exact same part of the app not in the app start up sectuon of the app. Doesn't matter on the app they all do it 

I just want it to run with out a launcher, every other Andriod box I have can start with a launcher or it can start looking like a tablet with nav bar support.

When the box starts up before the launcher I see the back round image before the launcher loads, I would like to disable the launcher and be able to use the box with the choice of tablet style or launcher.  

Pretty steep price on these boxes only to not be able to use them fully. These apps not closing properly causes the box to run out of memory and slow right down or crash the box and make it reboot

Hi,

I know you mention that all apps just reappear, but which apps? This shouldn’t be happening except for system apps which can be disabled in the settings menu under “apps”. This will prevent them from opening. 

If you’re referring to apps you are using, please let me know which ones. 

In regards to other cheaper boxes being able to use different launchers, this is mainly due to the fact that their systems are not customised. They are just plain out of the box android basic boxes. 

We do a lot of custom firmware on our systems to perform better, and to do special functions within lots of apps, to ensure smoothness. As I mentioned, other launchers do work, but have issues because the system is designed for the mygica launcher. 

Every app stays open unless I go to Andriod settings then force close from there. Doesn't matter the app they are still in the same place where u closed them.  The only ways to close them is force close them or power down the box and get a fresh restart.  I just want to disable the launcher. Every other launcher I try won't run the close when I open them or they say no navigation bar so it can't run.  Not sure I can name the apps I use do to copyright reasons, but like I say the app doesn't matter it just happens for them all.

When the box starts I get to see the Andriod system with out the launcher for a second or two. I've tried to disable the mygigca in the system settings and it doesn't close it.  All the other boxes have custom launchers as well that can be disabled or not. This is my 20th or so box, so by any means I'm not new to them.