Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RavRob

ATV 310M

Hey all. Just joined trying to get some info on this box. I should receive it within the next few days and need some info on the specs for it. Seems to be hard to find anywhere.

Looking for speed, dual or quad core, storage. I believe it is Linux based but that's about all I know about it.

Anyone has experiences with it? How does it perform?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

RR

Hey all. Just joined trying to get some info on this box. I should receive it within the next few days and need some info on the specs for it. Seems to be hard to find anywhere.

Looking for speed, dual or quad core, storage. I believe it is Linux based but that's about all I know about it.

Anyone has experiences with it? How does it perform?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

RR

Looks like you purchased this model

http://geniatech.com/pa/atv310m.asp?vd=rj

It is a Single Core box running XBMC Linux as the Operating system.

You can find all of the specs for it on the link I posted above.

Thanks Justin

I actually won this in a contest. I am not sure if this is a good box or should I just put it on EBay and get a few bucks out of it? 4 of my systems are Windows based and I also have a jynxbox that I don't really use because it is not powerful enough. I am sure a single core system doesn't compare to Windows system but I am hoping it is better than the Jynxbox. If not, I am sure I won't use it much if at all.

So any comments on how good this is?

Thanks again for the quick answer.

Thanks Justin

I actually won this in a contest. I am not sure if this is a good box or should I just put it on EBay and get a few bucks out of it? 4 of my systems are Windows based and I also have a jynxbox that I don't really use because it is not powerful enough. I am sure a single core system doesn't compare to Windows system but I am hoping it is better than the Jynxbox. If not, I am sure I won't use it much if at all.

So any comments on how good this is?

Thanks again for the quick answer.

If your looking to run 10-20 add ons on it. Then it should work great for you.

I like these boxes cause there just a simple XBMC box.

It may not perform as quick as you want it to though compared to something running windows.

One more question....where can I get the linux images for this box when I need to update or if something goes wrong? I would much prefer not be stock looking for it if/when I need it.

Thanks

One more question....where can I get the linux images for this box when I need to update or if something goes wrong? I would much prefer not be stock looking for it if/when I need it.

Thanks

Look at our ATV 510X section

They both use the same files.