Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Audio

I am trying to use this USB2.0 video capture device, and NCH software, to digitize old VHS tapes, the video works with that software and one other I tried but no audio.    I think I might need another cable, I have trillions of a/v and computer cables, I must have whatever I would need, but even if I do I can't see how to connect it.  I have a VCR (plays VHS tapes) connected to a Windows PC running Win7 via a USB video capture device (does it matter that it is plugged in to a USB port at the front of the PC?);  the other end of the video capture device has the standard three female RCA A/V  connectors (red/white/yellow, obviously yellow being video, colour-coding makes the other two pretty easy);  the other end of that cable is plugged into the back of the VCR, into its audio and video outputs, I have cables going from the VCR's outputs into the video capture device, that part cannot be wrong, and the video is being carried o the PC's output( my monitor), but I have no audio.  When I go into Device Manager/Sound Video and Game Controllers, I have two new entries since connecting that video capture device, those entries are "USB 2.0 Video Capture" and "USB 2.0 Audio Capture", there are no inverted triangles or yellow exclamation marks or anything indicating that Device Manager has a problem with them, it reports that I have the most up to date drivers.  For playback devices, I have two entries for High Definition Audio Device (when I go to the speaker in my sys tray), one entry for the speaker built into the PC and one for the external speakers (what I normally use), and one called AMD HDMI Output (no devices conneced via HDMI and no HDMI ports on this PC).  When I play any other sound source it gets pumped through either, as per what I select in playback devices, what do I have to do in order to make the sound track of the VHS tape play?  Do I need to plug a cable into my sound card's line in, and if so what would I plug the other end into?  The USB video capture device  does not have a 3.5mm line in port, and it is really used to carry audio and video from the VCR to my PC, but how do I get the audio to come out of my PC's speakers?  The only remaining possible connection I can see is a 3.5mm cable from my sound card's line in to my PC's line out (headphone jack, on the front), but I mean really???  A cable plugged in at both ends to a single machine??? (my PC's sound card and headphone jack).  

Thanks,

Mark

Hi there,

did you try changing the audio input device in your windows audio controller by clicking right button on the speaker in the bottom right? I know you mentioned the audio output, but unless I’m mistaken, have you tried to audio input? 

I am using this software that came with it and it works, I was trying to use more advanced software to do all the editing and do not know why I have no audio with it (maybe I will get back to that someday but for now I am using the honestech VHS TO DVD, version 4.0, software that came with it).

Also having trouble with audio (Mac OS).

I see the video in the capture screen, but there is no sound either when watching or when recording. Have tried it with an "S" cable and with the regular red, white, yellow, cables. I have the latest software installed. Help, please!

Hello - I have the same issue. The sound is definitely getting through to my computer - as I can open third party sound recording software and hear the sound then - but it is not getting through to the iGrabber software. Did anyone find out how to sole this issue?

R

Hello, I can also see the video but no sound at all. I have the sound set to the USB device, and i used to be able to hear it every once and awhile but nothing now. This is driving me crazy because i have no clue what I am doing wrong, it used to work on these settings but no longer. Is it a Mac OS issue or something else?