Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aleksradulovic

ATV 495X very slow

ATV 495X very slow

I recently updated my ATV 495X to the newest software version from the Downloads page.  As a result:

(1) Device has renamed itself ATV 329X

(2) Device runs very slowly, navigation within Play Store is particularly slow, as is any navigation with the remote control, despite increasing the pointer speed - Navigation is to some degree quicker and more reliable with an external keyboard and USB dongle.

Is anyone else having similar problems?

The 495x admittedly has only 1gb of Ram, so it will be slower than some other devices. 

Mid you’ve noticed a significant change in speed with the yograde, you may want to consider going back to the original firmware. 

I’ve had the same experience with Android 7.1.  Now I can’t downgrade to Android 6.0. The firmware doesn’t work in recovery mode from a usb.  Almost like the firmware is not compatible or corrupt.  I tried endless downloads. 

7 hours ago, Dries said:

I’ve had the same experience with Android 7.1.  Now I can’t downgrade to Android 6.0. The firmware doesn’t work in recovery mode from a usb.  Almost like the firmware is not compatible or corrupt.  I tried endless downloads. 

There shouldn’t be a problem downgrading to 6. You’ve unzipped all files onto an SD card, not a usb? 

Last night I tried a SD card, the update load to about 50% and then abort error.  Wrong version error.  I've tried the 495X android 6.0 and 329 android 6.0.  Both give the same error.  I've also tried the USB Burning tool but the img file doesn't load.  I've tried other img files for different boxes and they do load in the burning tool.  It appears like the img files for Android 6.0 is in the wrong format.

10 hours ago, krugerjq said:

Any Fix for this problem?

****Update. We found an issue with the files needed for downgrading. The issue should be fixed and the files updated by the time any of you read this. 

Simply head back in and download the 6.0 files and follow the instructions carefully. 

I have a client with 2 x  Mygica 495. The only issue with the boxes is that Netflix is extremely slow. Youtube responds reasonably well but Netflix sometimes works and sometimes just times out. Please can someone assist me?

5 hours ago, Laurence said:

I have a client with 2 x  Mygica 495. The only issue with the boxes is that Netflix is extremely slow. Youtube responds reasonably well but Netflix sometimes works and sometimes just times out. Please can someone assist me?

Which version of OS are they running

Android 6 or 7.1?

so slow you cannot open any apps useful.

Worst buy of my life. Takes about 5minutes to open Showmax. Anothe 10 to open a search. Biggest piece of sh*t on the market. I cannot believe they sell somthing like this and expect people to not complain.