Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zkuweb

How do I enter Recovery mode?

Hi!!!!

How do I enter recovery mode? I want to update from the file that is in the download section, and mygica1960 does not have a restart button In the back.

Thanks

On 2/19/2019 at 1:09 AM, zkuweb said:

Hi!!!!

How do I enter recovery mode? I want to update from the file that is in the download section, and mygica1960 does not have a restart button In the back.

Thanks

The reset button is through the AV hole on the back

However you don't need to get into recovery mode in order to install a file.

You can just use the Upgrade app that is pre installed on the box and local update to install it

My Mygica atv1960 is blocked for updates (fraud) .. it has android 6.0 (3 years old) in the download section there is a file (7.1) with instructions that uses the recovery method.

On 2/21/2019 at 6:11 PM, zkuweb said:

My Mygica atv1960 is blocked for updates (fraud) .. it has android 6.0 (3 years old) in the download section there is a file (7.1) with instructions that uses the recovery method.

Hi there,

what do you mean it’s blocked, and fraud? 

Are you still unable to upgrade? 

I am in South America and the update says: server fail ... I have it for 1 year and the seller does not know anything (USD150..ufff) and even with android 6

If you check under Downloads I am sure you can process your firmware upgrade via MicroSD for ATV1960 to OS 7.1.2, 

to upgrade from OS 6.0 to OS 7.1.2 a manual upgrade via MicroSD is required there is no other way possible.

Just to add to Binderdondats helpful tip, the issue you mentioned about server fail is not an error. 

It shows that when there is no update available for download. Unfortunately, the update must be done manually, and can be found in the downloads section with detailed instructions on how to do the upgrade. 

Please let us know if you need more help. 

I go to recovery ... and I get an error when updating: "this is for S9 and you have S912" (the file is downloaded from the downloads section of this forum)

Just to confirm, you used this download? 

http://mygicasupport.com/index.php?/files/category/16-atv-1960/

if so, I see you mentioned you had this for some time. Maybe the distributor in SA used a different chipset? 

Any more info you can provide about the details of your box will help. 

Do you still have the gift box? It has the chipset info on it. 

Otherwise, more details from the “about” section in settings will help. 

On 2/26/2019 at 3:55 AM, MyGica Support said:

Just to confirm, you used this download? 

http://mygicasupport.com/index.php?/files/category/16-atv-1960/

if so, I see you mentioned you had this for some time. Maybe the distributor in SA used a different chipset? 

Any more info you can provide about the details of your box will help. 

Do you still have the gift box? It has the chipset info on it. 

Otherwise, more details from the “about” section in settings will help. 

I'm from South Africa, I have the same problem and I did use the link that you gave in this threat, when I go to the software update and then local update is there no file visible, but when i go into recovery mode the file is visible any advice on how to upgrade