Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joels

Bluetooth pairing

Bluetooth pairing

I just got an atv495x max. It paired ti the remote ok but I can't get it to pair to a headphone. It sees it, prompts me if with a Bluetooth pairing request with a code but when I press pair nothing happens and the headphone is not added to the list. Sometimes a white pop-up screens shows for a split second. The little I saw its asking for permission for something but it disappears before I can do anything..

Please help!

The problem seems to be the 495 max expects the code it shows on the screen to display on the connecting device.

This is obviously impossible as most headphones passkey is 0000 or 1234.

Are their specific criteria the headphone must have to work?  Eg. They must be Bluetooth 4 compatible?

I managed to get a pair of headphones to connect. It seems the player needs a v4 headset with a2dp. Is that correct Jason?

certainly is the device needs a passcode to be entered, this could cause an issue with pairing older devices. Ive seen where it just connects to some devices that usually require a passcode, but some manufacturers thought they needed to have extra security at the expense of it not working on certain devices. Not everything is going to be compatible. That being said, I would keep messing around with it. It should be able to connect with a little elbow grease.