Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hope42

Remote Control -ATV 1800e

I just purchased a ATV 1800e the Ultra HD Enjoy TV Box! The problem is I can't enjoy it! The remote does not work!!!

I am not talking of pairing it with the TV. It does not operate the Mygica at all-period. Yes the batteries are new. As soon as I booted up the box the Mygica did an update, and all with the box is fine. Why would Geniatech ship a remote that is non functional?

In what was supposed to be a beautiful experience has become "soured" by a non functioning remote. I must add I paid $189.00 CAD for this inferior product. I thought I would upgrade my Matricom MX2 with the New Mygica 1800e. Well, I am glad I kept my Matricom product, as now the Mygica is just my "backup".

So my question is: Is the Remote problem a common issue? If so, why are Geniatech pumping out boxes/remotes with known incompatibility issues?

Can someone from Geniatech or the Mygica product line send me ( I am guessing), the firmware update to get this issue fixed.

It is " RIDICULOUS " to have to sit watching TV with a keyboard on my lap! Who does that?

Please either email me the fix at: ravt55@gmail.com or post what needs to be done in the forum.

This should not happen with a supposedly "Top of the Line" product.

I cannot recommend this product to my friends, because as a new owner, I am thoroughly disappointed!

Ron

I just purchased a ATV 1800e the Ultra HD Enjoy TV Box! The problem is I can't enjoy it! The remote does not work!!!

I am not talking of pairing it with the TV. It does not operate the Mygica at all-period. Yes the batteries are new. As soon as I booted up the box the Mygica did an update, and all with the box is fine. Why would Geniatech ship a remote that is non functional?

In what was supposed to be a beautiful experience has become "soured" by a non functioning remote. I must add I paid $189.00 CAD for this inferior product. I thought I would upgrade my Matricom MX2 with the New Mygica 1800e. Well, I am glad I kept my Matricom product, as now the Mygica is just my "backup".

So my question is: Is the Remote problem a common issue? If so, why are Geniatech pumping out boxes/remotes with known incompatibility issues?

Can someone from Geniatech or the Mygica product line send me ( I am guessing), the firmware update to get this issue fixed.

It is " RIDICULOUS " to have to sit watching TV with a keyboard on my lap! Who does that?

Please either email me the fix at: ravt55@gmail.com or post what needs to be done in the forum.

This should not happen with a supposedly "Top of the Line" product.

I cannot recommend this product to my friends, because as a new owner, I am thoroughly disappointed!

Ron

Sorry to hear that you are having remote issues.

It sounds like either your remote or the IR sensor on your box is defective. This rarely happens. This is not a mass problem on all boxes whatsoever, if it were you would see tons of complaints on our forum about this issue.

There is no firmware that will fix this issue for you, you will have to exchange your product under warranty.

Please contact your reseller to get your product exchanged. If they cannot help, then just send me an email to support@mygica.ca and we will help you with getting you a fully working unit.

Thanks for your help Justin. I received the RMA ticket info, and am sending it off tomorrow.

I went to a friends place and tried the remote on his MyGica 1800e. It worked fine. So, obviously I received a bad Mygica.

It is very frustrating, especially when you pay top dollar for a defective unit. Now it is going to cost money to send it via Post, and then have to wait weeks for a replacement.

As well as the remote not operating the receiver, the receiver was not sent with the 4 K home screen option in the launcher settings. So needless to say a majority of the Apps were non existent.

When launching I used the "Just Once" option on both, thinking it might pop up. Then I looked in the App settings and it was not there either. The box was manufactured in June. Could it be that it was one of the very first set of boxes released?

Other than that, I reset it numerous times, the remote failed each time and the proper Launcher failed to appear.

Please do not let the Mygica distributor in Brampton send me back the same unit, as I have no faith in that unit. All it caused me was grief.

Anyway, thanks for getting the ticket going if that was you.

By the way, the phone help and the online help is useless. No one answers the phone, and the online feature is not what it should be in this day and age.

Service is VERY important if they are putting out an inferior product!

Ron

Thanks for your help Justin. I received the RMA ticket info, and am sending it off tomorrow.

I went to a friends place and tried the remote on his MyGica 1800e. It worked fine. So, obviously I received a bad Mygica.

It is very frustrating, especially when you pay top dollar for a defective unit. Now it is going to cost money to send it via Post, and then have to wait weeks for a replacement.

As well as the remote not operating the receiver, the receiver was not sent with the 4 K home screen option in the launcher settings. So needless to say a majority of the Apps were non existent.

When launching I used the "Just Once" option on both, thinking it might pop up. Then I looked in the App settings and it was not there either. The box was manufactured in June. Could it be that it was one of the very first set of boxes released?

Other than that, I reset it numerous times, the remote failed each time and the proper Launcher failed to appear.

Please do not let the Mygica distributor in Brampton send me back the same unit, as I have no faith in that unit. All it caused me was grief.

Anyway, thanks for getting the ticket going if that was you.

By the way, the phone help and the online help is useless. No one answers the phone, and the online feature is not what it should be in this day and age.

Service is VERY important if they are putting out an inferior product!

Ron

Glad I could help.

As for support on our phones, we are re working our Support line for the phone system. I am also currently training a few people to handle our Live Chat.

To get the best support for your Mygica would either be on the forums here, or by email, this is because it is handled by only me and few other people, so you will get the best help from either of us on the forum or email.

Since the IR remote does not work on your unit, then we will more then likely not be sending you back the same unit, since this is something that we cannot fix ourselves.

I am having the same issue with my remote control. Purchased the unit today.

Richard

Send me an email to support@mygica.ca

It sounds like it is just a bad remote

I will figure out a solution for you

Thanks

I , too am having trouble with the small remote on my 1800E. Some functions work part of the time, and I am thinking that there is a bug in the firmware that stops the remote from working or maybe it is just a remote that is a piece of junk. The larger remote that I purchased with the 1800E works correctly. I also have a Logitech wireless keyboard connected to the 1800E and it works just fine.

My remote for MyGica 1800E just suddenly stopped working.

I purchased the 1800E April 21. I had been using it 2 weeks with no issues. I used the remote just last night to turn on the box, use some apps, then when I went to shut off the box with the remote - nothing happened. The box wouldn't shut off. So I used the button on the box itself. This morning I try to turn on the box with the remote - nothing happened. I used the button on the box again to turn it on. The remote doesn't do anything even with the start screen. I have no USB mouse or keyboard to even bypass the remote. I can't even reboot the box since I need either a USB mouse or the remote to select that option. :(

Update: Even though the instructions say nothing about the battery in these small remotes, a friend suggested looking for it and try removing and reinserting it. I discovered that I could slide off the narrow bottom panel the remote, found a round battery which I removed and replaced, and slide back on the cover. My remote now works again.

Just purchased ATV 1800E. The remote turns the box on and off but does nothing else.

Make sure the usb dongle is pushed all the way into one of the USB Jacks on the side of the box. Believe it or not this is a common issue, it happened to me! Hope it is that simple for you.

FBN

I've had mygica for about 6 months and the remote was okay for about the first month or so but now it just doesn't work so its back to cable!!! I've recommended this box to a friend and also my son, both of them had to send the boxes back through Amazon for a full refund, they just did NOT work for more the a week or so.... what the heck are you playing at???? C'mon guys get it sorted or quit altogether!! In the meantime please tell me what to do about my situation. I did send an email but got no reply!

thank you

Pat.

I found the solution in this forum! Thanks everyone... my bad, I didn't know there was a battery in the remote itself.... and that was all that it needed!!! a new battery.

Thanks FBN... FOR THE LINK ABOVE

Had the same problem. Had for less than 2 weeks and the battery died.This seems to be a big issue with these remotes. Must have them sitting around too long. Any ways hav the Kr-301 now and it is much better than the crappy remote it comes with.

I also have the issue with the remote on my atv1800e.

worked fine for about 6 or 7 months. Then the remote stopped working. I let it go for a few months and then decided to just change the battery and it worked again.... for about 2 days. 

Now it completely stopped working. I tried pairing it with the USB bongle thing, no luck. I get a red light, but that’s all I can get. 

Kindly let me know what to do to fix this