Spartikus

Split Titles - Save One Portion

I have that VHS-DVD software,  by honsetech, that came with the video capture USB device.  I use that software to capture a digital copy of VHS movies, I usually set a time for a few minutes less than what the lenght of the recording is supposed to be and sit there and watch the end of the movie (or whatever) then press the "stop" button on the software.  Sometimes I don't get to that computer in time and I record a bunch of garbage at the end of the movie, I can't figure out how I got rid of it and saved just what I want to put onto a DVD.  In this case I recorded about twenty minutes of a a Star Trek episode that was on the VHS tape at the end of a movie I want to digitize, I go to the "edit" tab and play what I captured, when I am at the end of the movie I click the "split" button which puts two icons in the L pane (the movie and the 20 minutes of garbage that was on the VHS tape after he movie).  I can't figure out how I put that part of that split recoding that I want to keep (the movie I want to digitize ) onto m hard drive, so I can proceed to burn it to a DVD.  I can R click on the part of the split that is 20 minutes of garbage and click "delete" so that there is only the movie inthe L pane, but how to I get it onto my hard drive?  In the R pane there is the "edited movie", but it seems like I cannot do anything with it (I assume that is also the movie, without the 20 minutes of garbage).  In my output folder, the only thing that is there is teh original capture, ie the movie followed by 20min of garbage.

On 3/10/2019 at 8:23 AM, Spartikus said:

I have that VHS-DVD software,  by honsetech, that came with the video capture USB device.  I use that software to capture a digital copy of VHS movies, I usually set a time for a few minutes less than what the lenght of the recording is supposed to be and sit there and watch the end of the movie (or whatever) then press the "stop" button on the software.  Sometimes I don't get to that computer in time and I record a bunch of garbage at the end of the movie, I can't figure out how I got rid of it and saved just what I want to put onto a DVD.  In this case I recorded about twenty minutes of a a Star Trek episode that was on the VHS tape at the end of a movie I want to digitize, I go to the "edit" tab and play what I captured, when I am at the end of the movie I click the "split" button which puts two icons in the L pane (the movie and the 20 minutes of garbage that was on the VHS tape after he movie).  I can't figure out how I put that part of that split recoding that I want to keep (the movie I want to digitize ) onto m hard drive, so I can proceed to burn it to a DVD.  I can R click on the part of the split that is 20 minutes of garbage and click "delete" so that there is only the movie inthe L pane, but how to I get it onto my hard drive?  In the R pane there is the "edited movie", but it seems like I cannot do anything with it (I assume that is also the movie, without the 20 minutes of garbage).  In my output folder, the only thing that is there is teh original capture, ie the movie followed by 20min of garbage.

Which version of VHS-to-DVD software are you running?

The honestech VHS-DVD software that comes with the device is the base, stripped down 4.0 SE version (but I would have to think this sort of thing would be functionality common to all versions of the software).