Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rkg18

Stuck in Recovery Mode Help

Im not sure what happened to mygica atv1200 as it work fine the last time I used it, but now whenever I turn it on it goes straight to recovery mode and any option withing recovery only leads me back to recovery mode in the end.

If your 1200 is booting into Recovery mode, we do not have a way to fix this. Your internal flash memory has become corrupted

You will have to go through the warranty process to get it replaced under your 1 year warranty.

I just had this problem as well... xbmc was't doing anything so I reset the box. It immediately booted into recovery mode. I have used the "wipe data/ factory reset" option but it immediately boots into recovery mode again. I just got this about a two weeks ago. Is there NOTHING else that can be done or is it toast?

I just had this problem as well... xbmc was't doing anything so I reset the box. It immediately booted into recovery mode. I have used the "wipe data/ factory reset" option but it immediately boots into recovery mode again. I just got this about a two weeks ago. Is there NOTHING else that can be done or is it toast?

I have found that this method works to fix it

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=1945

But if you are using the KR60 remote, which is the bigger remote with channel numbers on it. You will have to flash this firmware onto it afterward.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hct0ytl3p81az ... 1.zip?dl=0

You will have to use a keyboard or mouse though, since the remote wont work

If this is to confusing then you can always just send it in for warranty.

Awesome! I got MyGica working again but ha the remote control stop working. I downloaded the firmware but it was not recognized in the Upgrade app. The link you provided worked perfectly! Thanks so much for the help!

Awesome! I got MyGica working again but ha the remote control stop working. I downloaded the firmware but it was not recognized in the Upgrade app. The link you provided worked perfectly! Thanks so much for the help!

Which remote do you have and which firmware did you load to it?

Justin, that trick worked with my ATV1200 that froze and kept booting into recovery...

Sorry just want to clarify.

Everything worked out for you.?

Hello,

I had this same issue with one of my friends mygica 1200 device. I have the same model with no issue so far. But this worked for me. But after the update I had to get the KR 60 remote working which took me some time but I got it. And after the update XBMC works on it but most of the add ons I use were all incompatible. So if anyone has any issues just uninstall the XBMC Frodo version and install the XBMC Gotham version for android arm devices. It works perfectly now. Thanks for your help

Hello,

I had this same issue with one of my friends mygica 1200 device. I have the same model with no issue so far. But this worked for me. But after the update I had to get the KR 60 remote working which took me some time but I got it. And after the update XBMC works on it but most of the add ons I use were all incompatible. So if anyone has any issues just uninstall the XBMC Frodo version and install the XBMC Gotham version for android arm devices. It works perfectly now. Thanks for your help

Good to hear

I will be posting up new firmware files for both KR34 and KR60 with KODI 14.1

My atv1200 is stuck in recovery mode, bought in December how do I get it replaced under warranty?

Whats the serial # of the unit?

Same thing happened to me also. I installed app (something about maps) and didn't find it interesting I went to Settings/apps and clicked Uninstall and during uninstall I started getting pop up messages telling me that my stock apps like Google Play Store stopped working or something to that effect, next message was about Advanced Task Killer and a bunch of other apps. I decided to shut down and power off and back on and all I got was the Android figure and was stuck on that.

I went to 14.1 Kodi update which I keep on extra SD card and tried to boot into it to do upgrade but all I got was that 'recovery' screen with several lines in blue to make choices and as I could not switch to the choices I went to forum here because I recalled seeing here some thread that dealt with this problem and voila, as per your advice justine, I slipped in 4.1 to 4.2.2 upgrade SD card and powered up while holding reset and presto, success as others had here. Thanks so much. Applying Kodi 14.1 update was a breeze and redoing the Kodi setup manually will just hone my skills in doing that, slowly I am getting hang of things.

The map app that caused all this during uninstall was from torrents, not sure if it was malicious or if uninstalling an app can cause this to happen. Anyway I deleted the app from my install disk straight away.

Like many others that have posted, my atv1200 was working fine - then one evening we turned on the tv and saw the recovery mode "loop". Ultimately re-applying the package from last summer worked as posted by Justin.

Any reason why this is happening out of the blue to many people? After recovering the box, I applied the February update and noticed that the automatic check and update setting was checked off by default. Could this have somehow caused it and got itself into recovery mode loop?

Hi. The files on Dropbox show deleted or moved. I'm trying to find the firmware for the kr60 remote. I updated my atv1200 with the wrong file and remote is not working. Can't seem to open the other update that will allow the kr60 to be used. Was hoping to just find the firmware for the remote.

Hi. The files on Dropbox show deleted or moved. I'm trying to find the firmware for the kr60 remote. I updated my atv1200 with the wrong file and remote is not working. Can't seem to open the other update that will allow the kr60 to be used. Was hoping to just find the firmware for the remote.

It is in the downloads section of the 1200

http://mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=2491

Here is a link to it

Like many others that have posted, my atv1200 was working fine - then one evening we turned on the tv and saw the recovery mode "loop". Ultimately re-applying the package from last summer worked as posted by Justin.

Any reason why this is happening out of the blue to many people? After recovering the box, I applied the February update and noticed that the automatic check and update setting was checked off by default. Could this have somehow caused it and got itself into recovery mode loop?

We do not know the cause of this.

And automatic update being check would not be the issue, since we do not do OTA updates on Dual Cores.