Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jalize

1900Pro OS7.1 spoofing MAC addresses at power up?

1900Pro OS7.1 spoofing MAC addresses at power up?

I have got this now a few times that after power up the  box the 1900Pro  assigns a new MAC address with the OS7.1 Firmware.

I run a strict firewall with MAC filtering and it get annoying. 

Is there a way that MyGica can fix this please.

Regards

Ho there,

is this on WiFi or Ethernet? 

Move never heard of it changing, I’ve only heard of it being different between WiFi and Ethernet. I’ll ask some of the other techs 

3 hours ago, MyGica Support said:

Ho there,

is this on WiFi or Ethernet? 

Move never heard of it changing, I’ve only heard of it being different between WiFi and Ethernet. I’ll ask some of the other techs 

It was only on wifi. I do not use Ethernet.

Today after a reboot the old(original) MAC is back. The spoofing one was this MAC 00:90:4C:16:70:01 and according to google searches a very common spoofing address. 

Very strange 

On 4/18/2019 at 9:10 PM, Jalize said:

It was only on wifi. I do not use Ethernet.

Today after a reboot the old(original) MAC is back. The spoofing one was this MAC 00:90:4C:16:70:01 and according to google searches a very common spoofing address. 

Very strange 

It is now permanantly on MAC  00:90:4C:16:70:01 and can't get the original MAC back. What the heck is going on now????

On 4/21/2019 at 9:37 AM, Jalize said:

It is now permanantly on MAC  00:90:4C:16:70:01 and can't get the original MAC back. What the heck is going on now????

Android 7.1 for the 1900P + 495P do not use the Original MAC that is printed on the box.

That is probably why you're having these issues.

The development team that made Android 7.1 for the 1900P + 495P were given limited resources of the Android Uboot + SDK sources for these models, so that is why the MAC address is different now.  We cannot fix this, and is one of the main reasons why the 7.1 files will remain Beta.

On 4/22/2019 at 7:32 PM, Justin said:

Android 7.1 for the 1900P + 495P do not use the Original MAC that is printed on the box.

That is probably why you're having these issues.

The development team that made Android 7.1 for the 1900P + 495P were given limited resources of the Android Uboot + SDK sources for these models, so that is why the MAC address is different now.  We cannot fix this, and is one of the main reasons why the 7.1 files will remain Beta.

Thanks Justin,

Initially the OS7.1 used the MAC address as printed on the box but then suddenly from 2 weeks ago it uses a 00:90:4C:16:70:01.

I used a android program to check the MAC. The program still read the original MAC correctly, but the OS7.1 is reported it wrongly.

I accept there will not be any updates.

maybe I will reinstall the OS7.1

20 hours ago, Jalize said:

Thanks Justin,

Initially the OS7.1 used the MAC address as printed on the box but then suddenly from 2 weeks ago it uses a 00:90:4C:16:70:01.

I used a android program to check the MAC. The program still read the original MAC correctly, but the OS7.1 is reported it wrongly.

I accept there will not be any updates.

maybe I will reinstall the OS7.1

The MAC printed on the box is the Ethernet MAC

If you're using Wifi, then it has a completely different MAC address

Ethernet + Wifi + Bluetooth all have their own MAC addresses.