delacosta78

Android 9 Pie for ATV495Max is for real?

Geniatech asked for information on my serial number etcetera.

I've tried various things since.

putting the firmware on a micro sd.

Also usb stick. Both formatted fat32

holding the reset button and powering it on. Holding the button for 15 seconds while doing that.

This is the procedure for the 495 pro.

No luck so far. I find it amazing there's no recovery procedure for the box if an update fails.

I am getting very confused. Just a simple oke who wants to watch Android TV. All this stuff is getting too high tech. My Gica 495 Max  played up almost immediate;y when it was connected. Keep on buffering on some sites etc. It is still under a 10 day return guarantee. Spoke to the supplier yesterday and he says I am welcome to return it

Anyways many thanks to the members on this forum who assisted me and tried to help.

Kind regards from South Africa

Great. I'm a simple oke too. From Cape Town :). Mines bricked so I'm looking at other players. Mine gave me problems from day 1 too. Just getting the remote to pair was a pain. I kept getting a Google games has crashed error. I had to buy new Bluetooth headphones because this model is very finicky.

Netflix also doesn't work properly even with their patch.

My chromecast doesn't work at all and now this.. The local support seems pretty useless. I sent them a message asking for help with my bricked player. No response.

On 5/10/2019 at 5:47 PM, Gareth De Kock said:

anyone done this? im too scared to brick my box...

Don't do it yet. Mygica in South Africa  on Friday told me to wait until its available on their site Mygica.co.za. They haven't even got a working copy yet!

So far we do not have a working public version of Android 9 for Android TV yet either

Android TV updates must get approved by Google and pass whats called CTS Testing
I haven't been given one like this for Android 9 yet on the 495 MAX

I will check though with the software team in China and update you guys here.

On 5/21/2019 at 5:46 PM, Justin said:

So far we do not have a working public version of Android 9 for Android TV yet either

Android TV updates must get approved by Google and pass whats called CTS Testing
I haven't been given one like this for Android 9 yet on the 495 MAX

I will check though with the software team in China and update you guys here.

Good day 

Any update on this?

Kind regards

On 6/24/2019 at 8:11 PM, Justin said:

Yes currently being Beta Tested

Thank you sir.

I cannot begin to tell you how tiresome it is using the current Beta Firmware version. It appears to be on a 2015 version.

looking forward to an upgrade.

On 6/25/2019 at 3:09 PM, ReddyK said:

Thank you sir.

I cannot begin to tell you how tiresome it is using the current Beta Firmware version. It appears to be on a 2015 version.

looking forward to an upgrade.

Which beta are you referring to?

As the 495 MAX ships with Android TV/Android 7.1 from Google

It has never been Beta

16 hours ago, Justin said:

Which beta are you referring to?

As the 495 MAX ships with Android TV/Android 7.1 from Google

It has never been Beta

There's a Beta firmware version on the mygica website that has Netflix pre-installed

24 minutes ago, ReddyK said:

But then Netflix won't work at all as I won't be able to install it?

Netflix is not available in the original firmware, you have to keep in mind that the Netflix implementation in that beta firmware is not official so it surely will stop working at any moment, in a not so distant future, Netflix will work in more devices thanks to a certification program called "Hailstorm" started by themselves that will include more Amlogic devices like the 495Max.

https://medium.com/@NetflixTechBlog/hailstorm-the-netflix-scaling-solution-over-android-tv-fd169366f828

On 6/27/2019 at 4:30 PM, delacosta78 said:

Should I go load the original firmware can I still sideload Netflix, I dont mind it playing in SD on this device. Currently I am getting a tvq-pm-100 (5.2.5) error when I try streaming. Alternative is there a method to fix this.

5 hours ago, jdido87 said:

Should I go load the original firmware can I still sideload Netflix, I dont mind it playing in SD on this device. Currently I am getting a tvq-pm-100 (5.2.5) error when I try streaming. Alternative is there a method to fix this.

Yes, you can sideload Netflix and watch it in SD but those instructions I provided are still not working because Geniatech still hasn't fix the issue with the image file not loading into USB Burning Tool, I'm still expecting for a reply after the email I sent, if you want you can send them another so they could see our interest in using this utility.

Edited by delacosta78

18 hours ago, Snowflake said:

Hi

Has there been any updates with regards to this. My device is also bricked and it would be great to load the correct firmware on

The local agents gave me a replacement unit under guarantee when that happened to me

Good question. Its been months in beta without any feedback. Starting to wonder if they're bringing out a new model soon. Android TV 7 has a few annoying bugs.

Eg. Apps often show they've got updates pending when they haven't.