delacosta78

Android 9 Pie for ATV495Max is for real?

6 minutes ago, joels said:

Eg. Apps often show they've got updates pending when they haven't.

That's an issue plaguing every Android TV device, I have a Xiaomi Mi Box S and a Mecool KM9 Pro and it's the same problem, apparently it's a bug with some Android TV core update, a fix is supposed to be coming soon.

• Like 1

I don't understand is, why other branded boxes videos been shown here that are running TVOS 9.0 Beta and barely running on the box , why pushing MyGica to bring out the OS while almost 80% fails, due to lack of chips support for this Max model. 

There are some videos for MyGica bringing OS 9.0 you can ask those YouTubers to tell you what is good and what is bad about it. 

but i hate to say this,  don't advertiser other brands on this forums while those so called you-tubers don't understand anything about how chips work or which chips compatible and which are not .  They just make video if the firmware is loadable, and most of the video is BS talk.

I request from one of the mods to go through the videos and delete them one by one.  unless they have trade mark MyGica on them.  except that it is useless we have most of these pictures from our OS 7.1.2.

** i am not deleting them myself because alot of you think i am the only one that cares less for other brands **

** i am pro MyGica **

On 11/18/2019 at 4:16 PM, joels said:

How is the Mi box S ?

It's not perfect (it lacks an ethernet port, it has only 8GB of internal storage and it has only one usb 2.0 port) but it does the job done, plus, it gets updates more frequently.

Edited by delacosta78
  • Thanks 1

Can you somebody ,help me  with any information , how to install android apk from another source ,like USB , SD card  , .How to display  or browse  files from usb ,when i plug in in this Box .. I have another Different Mygica Box where is all very simple  . This TV  Box looks nice , It's very confuse ,when you try to install another android  apk , in this unit , i already adjust in settings  to allow  apk from unknown  source . In another Mygica products , you have File Explore apk , or Apk Installer , you able to easy open usb device ,and install what you want  with this apk.   Thanks very much for any help .

14 hours ago, terzomilo said:

Can you somebody ,help me  with any information , how to install android apk from another source ,like USB , SD card  , .How to display  or browse  files from usb ,when i plug in in this Box .. I have another Different Mygica Box where is all very simple  . This TV  Box looks nice , It's very confuse ,when you try to install another android  apk , in this unit , i already adjust in settings  to allow  apk from unknown  source . In another Mygica products , you have File Explore apk , or Apk Installer , you able to easy open usb device ,and install what you want  with this apk.   Thanks very much for any help .

When you are using a AndroidTVOS you can't just simply install apps using USB. There are some steps to sideload the app, if that is not compatible and if they are not created for TVOS it will not even show up on your main screen. then you will have 2nd and 3rd questions.  

please google some parts for you to understand the difference between So Called AndroidTVOS and PureOS aka Phone OS or Tablet OS. that way makes it easy for you to see how they install APKs on AndroidTVOS.    

If the App is not created by MyGica it is very hard for us to walk you through step by step and teach you and tell you what you are doing wrong or right. 

When are we getting this update? Your support sucks. I have a 495 max device and it's giving me endless issues. Netflix doesn't work and while watching youtube and other content, the voice and video is out of sync....I will never buy this brand again, nor can I recommend it to others!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, fdev976 said:

When are we getting this update? Your support sucks. I have a 495 max device and it's giving me endless issues. Netflix doesn't work and while watching youtube and other content, the voice and video is out of sync....I will never buy this brand again, nor can I recommend it to others!

Its been almost the whole year in beta. Are we still getting the update? At least give us some feedback either way.

Android TV 10 was just released, guess it will never arrive to this device since 9 is still in beta, how many months will it take? the hardware inside the 495Max is getting old quickly, by next year, new devices will arrive with at least S905X2:

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/12/10/google-releases-android-tv-10-fulfilling-promise-for-2019-rollout/

On 12/14/2019 at 8:32 AM, fdev976 said:

Probably never. Support here shouldn't work in anything resembling support. The company really shouldn't exist if it's selling defective products with literally no support. These guys post the same unhelpful crap over and over, expecting it to qualm everyone's concerns. I definitely want a refund then I'm going to get the Intel NUC, at least they actually run a business, not a circus like MyGica. 

If you're South African, Listen up.

DO NOT, I Repeat, DO NOT Install this update. I promise you it WILL not only brick your unit but also void your warranty.

The US version of the Max is different than the South African version.

There are currently no updates for the South African version of the ATV495MAX as confirmed by Geniatech.

The device DOES NOT support Netflix, As confirmed by Netflix themselves, there are currently no plans to extend the Netflix service to the South African version of the ATV495MAX.

The South African version of the ATV495MAX was designed for DSTVNow and ShowMax alone and carries no support for Disney+.

Please note, you can find support for the SA ATV495MAX here: mygica.co.za

• Like 1

I honestly don't understand Netflix. Why would you not want as many subscribers as possible? This box is Google certified. That should be enough

On 7/28/2020 at 4:25 PM, JohanTHUNDERbyl said:

If you're South African, Listen up.

DO NOT, I Repeat, DO NOT Install this update. I promise you it WILL not only brick your unit but also void your warranty.

The US version of the Max is different than the South African version.

There are currently no updates for the South African version of the ATV495MAX as confirmed by Geniatech.

The device DOES NOT support Netflix, As confirmed by Netflix themselves, there are currently no plans to extend the Netflix service to the South African version of the ATV495MAX.

The South African version of the ATV495MAX was designed for DSTVNow and ShowMax alone and carries no support for Disney+.

Please note, you can find support for the SA ATV495MAX here: mygica.co.za

Can this device be returned for a refund as it was falsely advertised with Netflix? 

Oh my god!, what a disappointment!, other Android TV devices cheaper than the 495Max are already on Android 9 while two devices from another chinese brand are already on Android 10 😭😭

On 5/2/2019 at 12:04 AM, delacosta78 said:

Android 9 Pie for ATV495Max is for real?

I discovered at the Geniatech online store what appears to be the Android TV 9 Pie firmware update for the ATV495Max so I wonder if anyone has received the OTA update or were unknown about this?, I haven't seen any announcements here so I wanted to share the info.

Here's the link:

Does anyone have the link or the file?