Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joels

Removing the BETA version

I installed the BETA but I get an error as soon as I run netflix TV.

How do I revert back to the latest firmware (without the Netflix Beta)

7 hours ago, joels said:

You should take this as an oportunity to install the Android 9 Pie firmware, just download it, put it in a pendrive and go to the update section, I guess it should detect the new file, otherwise you will have to use USB burning tool.

11 hours ago, joels said:

I haven't found the original firmware so you should update to Pie instead since you will receive new features and some enhancements.

1- Download the new Android Pie firmware from here: https://shop.geniatech.us/download/software-for-geniatech-android-box/

2- Put the file in the root of any pendrive and connect it to your box

3- From the home screen open the "Update & Backup" app

4- Using your remote control move to the "select" button and press OK

5- Select the file you previously downloaded by pressing OK

6- Press the button "update" located on the left of the "select" button by pressing OK

7- Press again "update" on the little screen that appears

8-  The update process should begin and it will take several minutes to complete, be patience.

Please let me know what you find in this new update.

18 hours ago, joels said:

Hi.
Has anyone done this update yet?

The last thing I want to do is brick my player.

I guess you'll going to be the first one to try it, go ahead, I don't believe you're going to brick the device, just follow the instructions above.

With Android Pie you will have the new home screen interface, RAM memory enhancements, native support for webcams, new audio settings and several other enhancements.

Just now, joels said:

I'm just surprised no one on this forum has verified its an official release and safe to do so

MyGica is a Geniatech affiliate, which means they approve first what Mygica releases, the firmware is in their official online store, what else do you need to verify?, go ahead and install it!, I wish I could have one 495Max right now so I could enjoy the latest Android TV has to offer.

I've updated my MyGica ATV495Max yesterday.
Booted fine, but got stuck when Preparing the remote.
The instructions on the screen says: "Press Left and Home buttons and wait for beep"
The beep never came! So I was staring at the screen for a few minutes.

On the original setup for MyGica, the key combination to detect the remote is OK and Back. That worked and the system started.

What I've found:

I used to have ES File Explorer on the device before - It is now no longer found in the Play Store.
So far, I couldn't get Netflix to work. The latest apk works, but it's not optimised for the TV, so it just sucks.
Showmax shows an error that I'm not connected to the internet, so I can't watch anything  there.

The interface is cool though.

2 hours ago, JakeTheSnake said:

The instructions on the screen says: "Press Left and Home buttons and wait for beep"

On the original setup for MyGica, the key combination to detect the remote is OK and Back. That worked and the system started.

What I've found:

I used to have ES File Explorer on the device before - It is now no longer found in the Play Store.
So far, I couldn't get Netflix to work. The latest apk works, but it's not optimised for the TV, so it just sucks.
Showmax shows an error that I'm not connected to the internet, so I can't watch anything  there.

I also saw ES Player is no longer in the Android TV play store.

Its not the update you did.

I wonder why ?

3 hours ago, JakeTheSnake said:

What I've found:

Congratulations!,

ES File Explorer was removed from the Play Store due to some issues with Do Global (the developer of the app) and some Play Store policies, so for now it's not available there, however you can download the APK from websites like APK Mirror and install it manually.

You must report any error messages or issues with the developer of the app, some apps are still not optimized with Pie since it's relatively new.

Could you please share some screenshots? I would like to see it by myself. Thanks!.

On 12/29/2019 at 9:49 AM, WynandJVR said:

My ATV495Max is stuck at the bootloader after trying to update to version 9. Is there someone on here who can help me get my box back up and running?

Never came right until I contacted syntech. I'm assuming you're South African. They were very helpful. Look on mygica.co.za for contact info

Hi Joels. So my Mygica was bought from Makro and the slip lost. Syntech was able to tell me it still has warranty intil 21 Jan. They wanted me to send the device in via Makro as they said reflashing is only for advanced users. Luckily the same morning Mygica sent me the orinal ROM for Version 7.1 and I was able to reflash it. It is back up and running.

That's great. Yes, Syntech looked up my guarantee on the system. Makro does do till slip reprints btw. They look it up against your Makro card. Syntech are the agents for Mygica in SA.

On 1/8/2020 at 3:16 AM, WynandJVR said:

Hi Joels. So my Mygica was bought from Makro and the slip lost. Syntech was able to tell me it still has warranty intil 21 Jan. They wanted me to send the device in via Makro as they said reflashing is only for advanced users. Luckily the same morning Mygica sent me the orinal ROM for Version 7.1 and I was able to reflash it. It is back up and running.

Would you mind sharing the file please. I bricked my 495MAX while updating to OS9.