Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

youngw

Skipping audio in XBMC

Hi there,

When I play music or movies (any format), the audio will skip for a second or so at random intervals, usually after 10 minutes, but sometimes less. It's the same with content from a USB drive, or from a network drive. I've tried playing with different cache sizes, but it doesn't make any difference. Has anyone else experienced this? The version of XBMC is 13.2 and I think I'm on the latest firmware version.

Thanks

I found this issue too, but I was connected to my receiver setup for 5.1 sound. The default in XBMC is 2.0 - as soon as I changed this, the audio 'burps' were gone.

I am using an ATV380.

Good luck!

Thanks for that. I've also got it hooked up to a 5.1 receiver by HDMI. I've tried changing the sound output between 5.1 and 2.0 and both still give me audio gaps. Funnily enough, it seems to be less on 2.0, but because it doesn't happen all the time, it's a little hard to tell if it really is occurring less. Oh well, I'll keep plugging away.

Having the same problem, passthrough Dolby 5.1 and DTS audio drops randomly in XBMC for about 1 second. I can see the receiver switches back to PCM momentarily and then back to DTS when this happens. Tried the 2.0 suggestion above, and just about every setting I can think of with no luck. This only happens with pass through.

Could this be a hardware issue on the MyGica or something with the XBMC build? I've got other streaming boxes that don't have this problem playing the same content and passthrough audio, so something is going on here. I've got the ATV 582. Thanks!

I've had this problem for a long time. I solved this problem by disabling the Google services by default. Whenever Google services checks for updates the sound cut. I have a Denon amplifier, connected by HDMI. Here's what I did;

1- Install SuperSu

2- Install 3cToolbox

3- In 3cToolbox go to apps managers and freeze Services Google Play and also Google Play Store. This arrangement fix my problem.

4- Reboot just to make sure.

If you need to check for new updates just unfreeze the previous apps. Hope this solution will work for you.

Ps: I keep the Mygica volume off because I use transit audio in Kodi.

ProLogic

I've had this problem for a long time. I solved this problem by disabling the Google services by default. Whenever Google services checks for updates the sound cut. I have a Denon amplifier, connected by HDMI. Here's what I did;

1- Install SuperSu

2- Install 3cToolbox

3- In 3cToolbox go to apps managers and freeze Services Google Play and also Google Play Store. This arrangement fix my problem.

4- Reboot just to make sure.

If you need to check for new updates just unfreeze the previous apps. Hope this solution will work for you.

Ps: I keep the Mygica volume off because I use transit audio in Kodi.

ProLogic

Thanks for sharing