Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JoeOfCola

KR 303 Qwerty Remote Power Button not working

KR 303 Qwerty Remote Power Button not working

Firstly this is a great remote. It was truly exciting to use. The air mouse option is a life saver, and how the back-lit keyboard lits up when you turn over the remote, is really nice. Love the remote.

BUT!

So,  far, had two issues:

1. All buttons seem to work fine, but the power button does nothing. The box is always on now, can't turn it off.

2. The color buttons cannot be recognized by apps. When you select them to key-map, it says unknown. Other buttons can be key-mapped, but not the color buttons.

The remote that came in the box with the 495 Max simply won't pair.

Kinda frustrating.

Someone said this about pairing the device after installing the update:

"The instructions on the screen says: "Press Left and Home buttons and wait for beep"

The beep never came! So I was staring at the screen for a few minutes.

On the original setup for MyGica, the key combination to detect the remote is OK and Back. That worked and the system started".

You can try that, please let me know every step you make to complete this.

2 hours ago, delacosta78 said:

Can you try updating your device to the latest firmware?

You can follow the instructions here:

Well, that shouldn't be the reason as 9 is very new, and the 495 max has 7.1

Is that advice aimed to fix the power button issue? the color buttons mapping? both?

2 hours ago, delacosta78 said:

Someone said this about pairing the device after installing the update:

"The instructions on the screen says: "Press Left and Home buttons and wait for beep"

The beep never came! So I was staring at the screen for a few minutes.

On the original setup for MyGica, the key combination to detect the remote is OK and Back. That worked and the system started".

You can try that, please let me know every step you make to complete this.

I did press ok and back buttons, the red led on the remote did not flash initially after many tries. Suddenly, it did flash. in the 'connecting' phase, it always returns a result of 'fail'.

Since i bought the Kr 303, i'm right now more interested in making the power button on the 303 turn off and on the box. And for the color buttons to map.

7 minutes ago, JoeOfCola said:

I did press ok and back buttons, the red led on the remote did not flash initially after many tries. Suddenly, it did flash. in the 'connecting' phase, it always returns a result of 'fail'.

Since i bought the Kr 303, i'm right now more interested in making the power button on the 303 turn off and on the box. And for the color buttons to map.

I think you should try pairing the original remote having the other remote not paired in the first place.

On 5/9/2019 at 4:34 PM, JoeOfCola said:

The power button on the KR303 will not power on/off the 495 MAX as the power button is using an IR keycode and the 495 MAX does not have an IR Sensor since it uses a Bluetooth remote.

4 hours ago, Justin said:

The power button on the KR303 will not power on/off the 495 MAX as the power button is using an IR keycode and the 495 MAX does not have an IR Sensor since it uses a Bluetooth remote.

Thank you for the reply.

I don’t want to have to use two remotes for the box.

which. I’d has IR for the power button?

Also, since the kr303 is using the USB inserted into the 495, why couldn’t there be a solution to make it work all options on the box?

and how can I program the color buttons they are not recognized by android apps?

Thanks

35 minutes ago, JoeOfCola said:

Thank you for the reply.

I don’t want to have to use two remotes for the box.

which. I’d has IR for the power button?

Also, since the kr303 is using the USB inserted into the 495, why couldn’t there be a solution to make it work all options on the box?

and how can I program the color buttons they are not recognized by android apps?

Thanks

USB Remotes don't transfer the power function in Android
That is why IR is used for Power

And the color buttons probably don't work because the remotes buttons were not programmed into the Remote Configuration files of the 495 MAX.

As this remote was designed to work with our previous MyGica models.

2 hours ago, Justin said:

USB Remotes don't transfer the power function in Android
That is why IR is used for Power

And the color buttons probably don't work because the remotes buttons were not programmed into the Remote Configuration files of the 495 MAX.

As this remote was designed to work with our previous MyGica models.

How do i program the color buttons into the remote configuration files of the 495?

Do you sell a newer remote? Or a box with IR power button?

Why doesn't your support reply to emails?

14 hours ago, JoeOfCola said:

How do i program the color buttons into the remote configuration files of the 495?

Do you sell a newer remote? Or a box with IR power button?

Why doesn't your support reply to emails?

The color buttons would need to be added to the remote configuration file via a Firmware update.
I'll have to see if this can be added to our next update with Android 9

Right now we do not have any newer remotes were selling
If you look for some third party Bluetooth remotes though on Amazon, those should work with the box.

And may I know where your sending us support emails
Currently we only manage support@mygica.tv or our ticket system at http://mygica.tv/help
We respond to all emails + tickets through there

If you have been emailing support@mygica.com, we do not manage that email.
It is done by the China Head Office.