WadeMac

pre-installed app removal

pre-installed app removal

I am a nvidia shield guy and purchased this device and over all I love it  for the price point. I purchased it because it has AndroidTV OS but it is not the same as the shield in the small ways ... anyway my question 

how do I remove the pre-installed apps in the setting: apps,  it does not list them and I want them gone ?  

Thanks! 

Every single Android TV certified device with pre-installed apps that were installed as "system" apps cannot be uninstalled unless you root the device, which of course it's still not possible as far as I know.

2 hours ago, WadeMac said:

Anyway to hide the apps from the primary interface ?   I would like it clean with just the apps I use not this bloatware 

You cannot hide any app with the current firmware ( version 7) what you can do however is to upgrade your device to the Android Pie (version 9) firmware which sports a new interface where you can add the apps you really want and remove the ones you don't need from the home screen, you can download the firmware and follow this instructions to install it from here:

1- Download the firmware: http://file.geniatech.com/thcdownloads/geniatech/software/enjoytv-ota-9.0_20190227.img

2- Put the file in the root of any pendrive and connect it to your box

3- From the home screen open the "Update & Backup" app

4- Using your remote control move to the "select" button and press OK

5- Select the file you previously downloaded by pressing OK

6- Press the button "update" located on the left of the "select" button by pressing OK

7- Press again "update" on the little screen that appears

8-  The update process should begin and it will take several minutes to complete.

Edited by delacosta78