Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

**NEW** ATV 582 11/05 FIRMWARE FILE **FEEDBACK THREAD**

This is still Android 4.4.2

Althought I have seen Lollypop working on our ATV 1800E, I am not sure when the OS will be available to the public.

Been running this new firmware through it's paces. Happy overall so far; again, thanks for putting it up, Justin. (I know you were concerned about non-support of the 1800E - so again, thank you!)

Performing the upgrade using the built-in Update tool was painless.

Some feedback:

The Good:

• Interlacing/blur issue is well-and-truly gone! No amount of seeking, rewinding or fast-forwarding produces this issue anymore. Awesome.
  • Live TV within XBMC/Kodi is now working fine (no more blank screen). It looks like it offers de-interlace support in Video Options on this kind of video; though I haven't tested this too thoroughly.
  • Performance is still good; up there with low-end HTPC's. Very satisfying; even with heavy XBMC skins.
  • No obvious bugs introduced in this firmware

Other Observations:

• The 24hz output mode correctly changes the output frame-rate; but video playback at 24hz with 24hz (23.976) video isn't great. It appears to drop/skip frames every 40-60 seconds or so. A bit of research seems to indicate this happens on other AMLogic devices ( http://www.minixforum.com/threads/frame-rate-refresh-rate-discussion-contd.248/page-4 and http://www.minixforum.com/threads/v13-3-3-beta-minix-xbmc-for-evaluation.1926/page-14 ).
    It's sufficient for use with 3D playback devices that need 24hz for triple-flash (which is all I wanted it for); but I wouldn't recommend using it on regular video quite yet. (Any idea what causes this?)
    50hz/60hz output still works perfectly so I'll be sticking to that for 2D.
  • There's a little less storage available with this update, it seems. 6.9GB available in total (just a few hundred MB different)
  • Unlike with previous firmware, the current version of vanilla XBMC does not playback video (blank screen) due to a known XBMC issue with AMLogic decoding. The same applies to SPMC. This issue is being addressed by the XBMC team. The bundled MyGica version of XBMC that comes with the firmware works perfectly, of course.

I used SPMC exclusively because it offers the ability to 'Suspend' the box after a period of inactivity; which is really nice. (Neither vanilla XBMC nor MyGica XBMC offers suspend).

Anyone have any ideas on how to suspend the box (or at least switch off output to the TV) after a period of inactivity?

Also, I noticed all the new audio options but I have no idea what they do: could we have a bit of details on these new options? Their names aren't particularly obvious. (I see options related to DTS-MA? I'm assuming DTS-MA passthrough isn't available; so what do these functions do? My receiver is DTS-MA compliant so I'm happy to test them out if they offer anything of potential use...)

Overall, this is a really nice update and it's good to see that the MyGica regular-firmware-release-cycle is still going strong.

It's pretty easy to recommend these boxes: the ATV 582 is pretty amazing.

Posted up the 1800E file just now.

Sorry about the wait guys, but we were getting Internet upgraded in our office yesterday to Fiber Internet. So was down most of the day.

hope someone can help me out... recently updated but... now there is an issue dont know where to start

i use IPTV (with mx player)

now... doesnt work, i start up iptv (same playlist) select the iptv link and supposedly it launches mx player... but is not doing anything, dont know where to start, also deleted crackle and facebook and they get installed again when i reboot the machine :/

fixed it..... had to remove "use hw decoder" for it to work, also had to format the whole box because it was crashing and crawling .... working ok, will test deinterlace issue over the weekend... will report later

Hi,

I just updated to 11/05 Firmware and the advanced settings to change from 2.0 to 5.1 or 7.1 is missing. Also the option for capatiable DTS receiver is missing as well. I've searched everywhere and cannot locate. Can someone please let me know if the new firmware supports anything other than 2 channel stereo? I've never had so much issues with a media player before, I've switched from WDTV. I'm beginning to think I should have stuck with them.

Hi,

I just updated to 11/05 Firmware and the advanced settings to change from 2.0 to 5.1 or 7.1 is missing. Also the option for capatiable DTS receiver is missing as well. I've searched everywhere and cannot locate. Can someone please let me know if the new firmware supports anything other than 2 channel stereo? I've never had so much issues with a media player before, I've switched from WDTV. I'm beginning to think I should have stuck with them.

XBMC Settings System Audio you'll find all you need there.

Make sure you have HDMI passthrough enabled.

Thanks for your response. I did find the settings and it works 90% of the time. I still get laggy audio and dropped frames when playing 1080p movies. I have a wired connection and an ac1900 router. All my other videos work fine even my nexus 7 xbmc playback is flawless. Does anyone have 100% smooth playback? If so a little help with the settings please. Mygica box is really nice I wished it would work right out of the box like WDTV. Thanks in advanced.

fixed it..... had to remove "use hw decoder" for it to work, also had to format the whole box because it was crashing and crawling .... working ok, will test deinterlace issue over the weekend... will report later

Ok good to know you were able to figure it out

Also let me know your feedback on the interlacing issue

Hi justin can u make test group i will help if u do that, i dont want to wait 1mounts for update i want to test new rom ,i just now download latest fw for mygica1800e.if u have test group i want to help if a can(becouse i have all others amlogic s802 devices),ty.Markocc

ps how u have lolypop on mygica 1800e (amlogic realise new sdk for support lolypop?)

Hi justin can u make test group i will help if u do that, i dont want to wait 1mounts for update i want to test new rom ,i just now download latest fw for mygica1800e.if u have test group i want to help if a can(becouse i have all others amlogic s802 devices),ty.Markocc

ps how u have lolypop on mygica 1800e (amlogic realise new sdk for support lolypop?)

I have a set group of people already for testing already. Thanks for offering help though.

AMlogic has had Lolypop for a few months now, I was in China in October and used it on our ATV 1800E. It just isn't public right now.

We should be able to show a demo of it at the CES Show in Las Vegas next month.