Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Therapiddev

My ATV495 won't manually update

So i wanted to use netflix on my atv495 and i went ahead and downloaded the beta version that has netflix pre-installed All went well for a while and then the nextflix app stopped working so i wanted to roll back to toriginal firmware. I have tried multiple different versions and when i manually update and the box restarts to install the firmware it says "error" so I am highly frustrated as I have no way of updating my box or using it at all. 

6 hours ago, Therapiddev said:

So i wanted to use netflix on my atv495 and i went ahead and downloaded the beta version that has netflix pre-installed All went well for a while and then the nextflix app stopped working so i wanted to roll back to toriginal firmware. I have tried multiple different versions and when i manually update and the box restarts to install the firmware it says "error" so I am highly frustrated as I have no way of updating my box or using it at all. 

if your device is the ATV495Max then you can use the following firmware to restore your device to its factory state but you need to use Amlogic USB burning tool, this firmware is the original 7.1 that came when you bought the device:

Firmware link:

https://mega.nz/#!4agVjYzY!ZaKW09xrGjaHvveNKRH1FMhoqqz7_-PlF-GIG5pgHQM

Amlogic USB burning tool software:

https://androiddatahost.com/wp-content/uploads/Amlogic_USB_Burning_Tool_v2.1.6.8.zip

Instructions to burn the firmware:

15 hours ago, Therapiddev said:

Hi I tried this method but the burning tool returns a "parse burning image fail" error when trying to import the downloaded image file from your link in the tool.  

Untick "CheckImg" option under "File" menu and try again.