Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ronald Glasscoe

SD Card Not Working

SD Card Not Working

I have the 495x for over a year now.

However I'm getting issues.

Kobi app does not play sound on some video formats? How would I fix this as I prefer the software compared to VLC.

Decided to use the SD Card for the first time last night and it did not read the 16gig card with some video's on it. however the card is formatted to FAT32 and it works on my phone and laptop. I also tried to look for it the file manager and the file manager does not pic it up.

Lastly the file manager does not work well with the remote and had to use a mouse?

Next DSTV Now does not work on the device as the device is not a registered device with Google. How to fix this?

6 hours ago, Ronald Glasscoe said:

Kobi app does not play sound on some video formats? How would I fix this as I prefer the software compared to VLC.

What video formats?, what audio formats are inside those videos?

Lastly the file manager does not work well with the remote and had to use a mouse?

What file manager are you using? I recommend using X-plore:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lonelycatgames.Xplore

You can use the remote with it.

Next DSTV Now does not work on the device as the device is not a registered device with Google. How to fix this?

The ATV495Max is a certified device by Google, so when you go to the Play Store and search for an app, you should see it in the search results,  otherwise the app is still not available for Android TV or the developer blacklisted the device and that may be the reason why you don't see it in the search results. You should contact the developer if that's the case.