Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spike4881

XBMC cache

Quite often I get a message to clear the cache because I run out of buffer space. Where would I do this? Is there a cache setting exclusive to XBMC? Or is the same as the cache found in the Android settings?

Quite often I get a message to clear the cache because I run out of buffer space. Where would I do this? Is there a cache setting exclusive to XBMC? Or is the same as the cache found in the Android settings?

There are some XBMC add ons that offer a maintenance tool which has this feature, the only ones I have seen though are all Third Party. Look for TV-Addons maintenance tool on Google, you should find your answer there.

Simply just exiting XBMC, by selecting the power button in the bottom left hand corner of the screen, will clear the cache. You just need to re-open XBMC afterwards.

On 12/7/2014 at 11:51 PM, spike4881 said:

Yes, there is an option to clear the cache in KODI.  

1. Download Easy Advance Settings add-on 
2. Go to the advance setting and make changes to cachemembuffersize as 139460608, buffermode as 1, and readbufferfactor as 20.
3. Apply the changes. 

Hope this works. For a detailed article on this please visit our blog: 
http://www.kodikwiz.com/kodi-cache-full-fix/