Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

drakul123

Mygica 1800... Underwhelming experience so far

I bought this $180 device thinking it would be the best of the best, no hassle with buffering movies from my PC, but is the opposite.

Xbmc buffers every 10 seconds.

I've tried 2 different routers, Asus and tplink, both on their best models; but mygica keeps buffering.

Also, both routers have 2.4 and 5 frequencies, but mygica is only grabbing the 2.4 which could be the slowest one of the routers.

Any advices on fixing all this?

Bought this box upgrading from an old boxee box, I am still expecting more than the boxee when it comes to streaming quality; haven't found it in this mygica 1800box though, which according to your page is the "best" you have available.

I bought this $180 device thinking it would be the best of the best, no hassle with buffering movies from my PC, but is the opposite.

Xbmc buffers every 10 seconds.

I've tried 2 different routers, Asus and tplink, both on their best models; but mygica keeps buffering.

Also, both routers have 2.4 and 5 frequencies, but mygica is only grabbing the 2.4 which could be the slowest one of the routers.

Any advices on fixing all this?

Bought this box upgrading from an old boxee box, I am still expecting more than the boxee when it comes to streaming quality; haven't found it in this mygica 1800box though, which according to your page is the "best" you have available.

"no hassle with buffering movies from my PC, but is the opposite.

Xbmc buffers every 10 seconds."

Are you having no issues streaming from your PC onto your Mygica. And when you say XBMC is buffering, is this because you are trying to watch a stream from an XBMC add on?

Also, the 1800E only support 2.4 Frequencies, it does not support the 5GHZ frequency.

you should be using something like this (D-Link PowerLine AV500 Mini Adapter Starter Kit ) why would you ever go wireless (just Google it)

they are great, and get any brand at futureshop or bestbuy, Powerline are just as fast as if you where plug into your router and no buffering except a little at beginning