Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lofty

Rip off by My Gica

Rip off by My Gica

Bought the ATV495X in Jan 2018 specifically for Showmax.

Now all i get is Device not supported. Mygica basically says sorry nothing we can do but buy a new device.

I have paid R1500 for it in the first place and im sure many others have too. The least they can do is try and resolve the problem.

R1500 for a pensioner in South Africa is a lot of money.

I am so sick of these corporates that are too happy and friendly to take your money but don't give a toss when something goes wrong.

On 9/19/2019 at 7:09 AM, lofty said:

Rip off by My Gica

Bought the ATV495X in Jan 2018 specifically for Showmax.

Now all i get is Device not supported. Mygica basically says sorry nothing we can do but buy a new device.

I have paid R1500 for it in the first place and im sure many others have too. The least they can do is try and resolve the problem.

R1500 for a pensioner in South Africa is a lot of money.

I am so sick of these corporates that are too happy and friendly to take your money but don't give a toss when something goes wrong.

Showmax chooses which devices work and not work. MyGica would love for all apps and services to work but its not up to us.....

I spent many hours looking for solution.

Perhaps you have an older version of firmware on your device that is incompatible with the latest Showmax app.

I just upgraded my firmware to version 7.1 and now Showmax works.

Try this link and follow these steps.

https://www.mygica.co.za/downloads/www.syntech.co.za/Downloads/Mygica/update_MyGica_ATV495X_wv_7.1_20171221_V1.0.rar

How to process the steps:

1. Download the zip file
2. Unzip 
3. Format your MicroSD Card to FAT32
4. Drag and drop all the files from Unzip folder to root of your MicroSD card 
5. Insert the MicroSD card in your ATV495 series unit (while it is without power)
6. Connect HDMI, turn the TV on
7. Hold power button pressed down while inserting the power supply cord
8. Hookup the power cord while holding down the Power button
9. Still, hold on to the power button till you see the Recovery screen. 
10. Using the remote select (( Apply update from EXT ))
11. Select "update from sd card"  if your file is on microSD card
      or Select " update from udisk " if your file is on USB
12. You will see the file img name( update_MyGica_ATV495X_wv_7.1_20171221_V1.0.img ) select it. 
13. It will take 3 to 4 minutes to update then goes back to Recovery Screen, Select ( Reboot )

You will see the android guy, give it 5 minutes and you're back to the main screen. 

NOTE: your Box will be reset to factory settings.

Setup your device with your account and connect to the internet.

Now using the Google Play store app on your device , search and download and install the newest Showmax app. (and Youtube / Netflix)

Also always make sure that your device is set to the correct time zone - Showmax /Netflix often doesn't start if this setting is incorrect.

Here is a possible reason from Showmax.

If your device came with Android TV firmware version 5  or 6 you might start to have problems in 2019 with streaming Digital Rights Management content.

Why did I receive a message that my mobile device will no longer be compatible with the Showmax app? (PLA1019)

Showmax aims to support as many devices as possible. However, with new technology being released all the time, it isn’t always possible to continue supporting some older phones and tablets. If you have recently received a message that your device will be or is no longer compatible with Showmax, try:

• Making sure you have the latest version of the Showmax app
  • Installing newest version of the operating system available for your device

Android: Google uses a digital rights management (DRM) platform to help combat piracy. If your device supports only Widevine Classic DRM, you won’t be able to stream or download content on that device from 31 July 2019, as Widevine Classic is being decommissioned. To check, go to Menu > About > Supported DRMs, and see if only Widevine Classic is listed.

On 9/23/2019 at 7:47 PM, Nick said:

Showmax chooses which devices work and not work. MyGica would love for all apps and services to work but its not up to us.....

Are you working for MyGica.... My YouTube not updating. Assistant n thanks in advance