Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Barry Downs

MyGica ATV495 apps fail

MyGica ATV495 apps fail

I recently bought a MyGica ATV495X and use it exclusively for Netflix, Showmx and YouTube.

Recently, when trying to play anything other than a trailer, Showmax stops with "Error:  Encoding is not supported (PLA1005)". 

YouTube tells me "A new version of YouTube is available. Install it from Google Play."

I've tried everything, but neither Showmax nor YouTube can be re-installed, updated or anything else. I've tried resetting the ATV495X, and switching off the automatic updates. Nothing fixes the problems.

And I find no help on the MyGica web either.

Not impressed with MyGica.

Hi,

Any update to this? It seems like the ATV495Max is an issue that can't be solved. It should be recalled of the shelves.

The product fails and the support doesn't actually provide any indication of when the issues will be resolved. 

This does seem like a HelloPeter moment. 

I hate complaining but this is ridiculous.

Hi, 

I am experiencing the same issues with MyGica ATV1960. 

I am unable to play Showmax, Youtube and DSTVNow on the device. I have tried installing the old DSTVNow and Showmax app and still the problem persists. 

Have you received any feedback from MyGica as yet regarding your issues Barry Downs or ReddyK?

On 9/25/2019 at 10:30 AM, Coopz said:

Hi, 

I am experiencing the same issues with MyGica ATV1960. 

I am unable to play Showmax, Youtube and DSTVNow on the device. I have tried installing the old DSTVNow and Showmax app and still the problem persists. 

Have you received any feedback from MyGica as yet regarding your issues Barry Downs or ReddyK?

Not a word from MyGica.

My solution was to update to the latest firmware (version 7.1 on this Forum) for my device.  (There is nothing on mygica.co.za website firmware link)

Then download the new app versions of Showmax and Netflix from the Google Play store.