Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AlexBenji

Prevent YouTube from updating

Prevent YouTube from updating

Good Day.

My media box comes with a factory installed YouTube app v 1.3.11 and worked fine. Then one day on startup of the YouTube app it prompted me that there is an update available. So I attempted to download the version on Google Play Store .. which claims the version is not compatible with my device !
I then downloaded the version on AptoideTV which installed a second version of youtube on my device. The Aptoide youtube app has a browser interface look and is completely retarded - it takes foreverĀ  to load the display screen, and then there is no clue telling on which video icon you are at, hence you need to use the mouse mode from the remote, which is even worse than retarded. When a video is clicked, the voice goes after 10sec, then the video tries to catch up every now and then.

Anyway, the origional YouTube app is still on my media box .. but can't do anything with it as it just stops at the screen that tells you to update - there is no way of cancelling out of the update in order to keep the existing (old) version.

Question is: What do I need to do to install the propper update of YouTube... or if it does not exist, how do I prevent my factory installed YouTube app from prompting me for an update? The old one works fine for me - so I don't need a downgrade in order to upgrade.

Thanks for any help.

Kind Regards

Alex